5

The next morning Rachel wasn't feeling like going to high school after what happened last night with her brother

The next morning Rachel wasn't feeling like going to high school after what happened last night with her brother. She couldn't understand why her brother hated Elijah so much to the point of hating the idea of his own sister having a relationship, a friendship with him. But one thing Rachel was sure about is that she wasn't going to make the same mistake. She wasn't going to let what people say destroy her new friendship with her new friend she enjoyed having.

Getting out of her bed she got ready, wearing one of her favorite dresses that was light blue and long, hiding everything she didn't want to show. Stepping in front of the mirror she had in her bedroom, she observed her outfit with much attention to make sure that the way she was dressed was correct according to God's word. Her dress was long enough to hide her legs, her long brown curly hair perfectly styled in a low bun and her white cardigan covering her arms. She smiled, satisfied with the way she was dressed before grabbing her bag and walking out of her room.

Walking to the kitchen she saw that her breakfast was ready and a small piece of paper was placed on the table next to the small glass filled with orange juice. Walking to it she read the words written on it already knowing what she was going to read.

Good morning beautiful, we had to go see aunt Sarah in the hospital early in the morning and don't worry, she's feeling better by the grace of God. Don't forget to still remember her in your prayers!

See you tonight!

- mom & dad.

Aunt Sarah has been in the hospital since last weekend because of her hypotension but thanks to the Lord it wasn't that serious. She still had to stay under the control of some doctors which explains why she was still in the hospital after a whole week. Aunt Sarah was the only aunt Davin and Rachel had and she was so loved by the whole family because of her incomparable kindness. Plus, aunt Sarah was the one who talked to Rachel about Jesus Christ and his goodness. Aunt Sarah was a fervent Christian woman.

Smiling, she put the paper back on the table before closing her eyes and praying to the Lord. Thanking Him for the breath of life He decided to give her again this morning and also thanking him for the breakfast she felt so lucky to have since she knew that many around the world didn't even had the chance to eat something. She also remembered her aunt Sarah that she loved with all her heart.

"Amen." She whispered before opening her eyes to meet Davin standing in front of her, already dressed for school, his hair extremely messy.

Taking a sip of her orange juice, she smiled at him weakly. "Good morning, how are you feeling today? " she asked.

Taking a seat next to her, he started eating silently. "Not very well." He said as he took a sip of his cold lemon water he drinks every morning.

"Why? Did you drink something last night? Maybe that's why you're feeling bad... you know, alcohol isn't..."