Chapter 18: Guardians At Last

Alianor walked quickly through the cave, ignoring the weird sound her boots made on the damp ground as she walked. Once she turned the corner towards the blue light, it got brighter. It was then that she started running. The closer she got, the brighter the light became.

She was suddenly in a large open space, one much larger than the opening of the cave. She looked around and felt like she was under a dome. There seemed to be paintings and drawing on the wall, but she couldn't focus on that now, there was something more important in the room that needed her attention.

There, at the center of the opening was the table. Her eyes widened as she stared at it. It looked exactly like the drawing in Morgaine's book. The smoothness, the curves, the age lines. It was a beautiful sight.

Her eyes were drawn to the gems, realizing then that the light was coming from the blue one...the one she was supposed to touch.

She walked towards it, her pace slower than before, her eyes glued to the blue gem. She walked over to the left side of the table, where the gem was. It got brighter, almost obstructing her view. It was like it was calling to her. She squinted her eyes as she stepped closer. Once she was standing over it, it's brightness went away, but it still glowed.

"This is it," she said out loud to herself

It was now time for her to claim the power she was destined to have.

"Magic Table brown and bright, grant us powers from the Sun Queen's light"

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°   

"What's taking her so long?" Henry asked himself as he hid behind a boulder, he had just dodged the fire spewed from the dragon's mouth

He peeked around the rock towards the falls, there was still no sign of her.

"Don't worry about her Ok? She's doing what she has to" Jacquelyn yelled from her hiding spot close by

"She's right, we just have to do our job and buy her some time" Philip added, he was hiding with Henry

He nodded, he knew they were right.

"You guys ready?" Ryia called out from a different hiding spot

"We're ready!" they all answered

"One...two...three...GO!" Henry yelled

Jacquelyn was the first to get out from behind the small boulder, her bow and arrow set.

They had managed to keep the dragon away from the falls for a while, but it was hard containing it, and they found themselves back among the large rocks. Now all they had to do was keep it busy until Alianor returned.

Jaquelyn pointed her arrow and shot at the dragon, drawing its attention away from the falls. She shot another arrow, then ducked behind the rock to avoid the flames.

As the creature made its way towards blonde, Henry ran out from where he was hiding and yelled at the beast. It suddenly stopped it's pursuit of Jacquelyn and went after the raven-haired man instead.

That was their game, always distracting the dragon, drawing its attention before it got the chance to get at the other.

Ryia was next and lured the dragon away from Henry. She was about to dive behind another rock when she tripped on another. She fell on her stomach and let out a loud grunt.

"Ryia!" Philip yelled before making his way towards her

Once he reached her, he stood in front of her fallen form, blocking the dragon, sword held high. The dragon roared at the obstacle, it's hot breath throwing Philip back. He quickly composed himself, got on his knees, and held his sword up ready to attack.He looked into the creature's eyes, it looked back. The gaze between them was intense, but neither moved.