Chapter 34: The Setting of the Moon

Ilda paced back and forth, in front of her old friends.

"What if they're not Ok? What if Caine took their power? What if he transported them over a cliff?" she rambled on

They, along with everyone else, saw Caine vanish along with their grandchildren. They had been gone a while and no one knew where to. They sat around waiting for them to reappear, but Ilda found it hard to sit still not knowing where her grandson was.

"Don't get your undergarments in a knot," Geoffrey said "They'll be fine"

"And how are you so sure?" she asked

"With Henry there, they're bound to defeat Caine" he proudly said

"Henry being there is the exact reason why I'm worried!"

"Oh please, you're just worried Philip will do something and get himself killed!" Geoffrey said walking towards her

The two continued to go at it as their friends watched on.

"I thought they would have stopped all of this arguing after fifty years," Alistair said

"Me too" Zoricus agreed "But it's just as entertaining as it was back then" he added with a chuckle

"That's because you didn't have to deal with it for fifty years," Gawain said "It lost its humour after the first decade"

They shook their heads at the pair, memories of the glory days flashed back in their minds.

"We leave you two for ten minutes and you're already fighting"

Heads shot towards the voice, including those of the fighting pair. Smiles and cheers erupted at the sight in front of them.

The Guardians and Sun Queen stood before them, confident smiles on their faces. Morgaine had her hands on the shoulder of a brooding Caine, his hands bound in vines compliments Ryia.

"Philip!" Ilda said, running towards her grandson and pulling him into a hug "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine grandmother" he answered

"Are you sure?"

"Yes" he assured her, a bit surprised by her worrying, he didn't realize she cared so much

Ilda turned and looked at Caine.

"Not so high and powerful now huh?"

The former moon guardian rolled his eyes, a way of hiding his embarrassment.

King Francis and his son and grandson, who were among the growing crowd around them stepped forward. He looked Caine over, taking in his state. He then raised his hand and two knights quickly appeared at his side.

"Take him into the dungeons" he simply instructed

Morgaine stepped aside allowing the knights to take Caine of her hands.

"The dungeon isn't very accommodating..." Jacquelyn began "...but I'm pretty sure it's better than the shadow realm"

Caine gave her an annoyed look, to which she responded with a grin and wave.

As the knights led him away, cheers arose from the crowd. The Guardians and Sun Queen took it all in. They did it, they actually defeated Caine.

The former guardians joined them, sending congratulations and words of pride their way.

"I did it!" Jacquelyn said running to her grandfather "I kicked Caine's behind"

"That you did," he said before pulling her into a hug "And I'm so proud of you"