Chapter 35: Glory

"Just some days ago, we celebrated our dear Sun Queen and her sacrifice for our kingdom. Today, we celebrate again. But this time, it's not about sacrifice, death and hope. Today, we celebrate victory, courage and restoration of our beloved kingdom. We celebrate five young warriors who have taken it upon themselves to protect our kingdom, and one brave young woman who has taken up the crown to be the Queen we so rightfully deserve"

King Francis stood on the podium on the palace balcony, saying this to the crowd in the yard and beyond the gates. It was the largest crowd he had ever spoken to.

The whole kingdom, north and south, were celebrating the new guardians and Sun Queen. Like every official celebration, the royal family, dignitaries and other important people were there on the balcony with the King. This time, there were guests of honour, and they sat a few feet behind the King's standing body.

Everyone was listening to the King's speech...everyone but them.

"Tell us!" Jacquelyn hissed at Morgaine who sat two seats away from her

"No" Morgaine hissed back

"Pleeeeeease" the blonde begged quietly

"No"

"Would you shut up already? She's not going to tell us" Henry said to the youngest, he was sitting between the two and regretting that choice

"Why won't you tell us?" Alianor asked

She was sitting three seats away from Morgaine, as far as possible from her best friend, thanks to Zoricus. He said something about his granddaughter learning to behave without Alianor being around to stop her.

"Because it's a secret" Morgaine answered "My secret"

In the days leading up to the celebration, the new Guardians enjoyed the attention and praised they received from everyone. But soon the people got curious and started asking how they got rid of Caine's power. That was when they realized they had no idea how it happened. One minute he had his powers and the next he didn't. Morgaine eventually admitted that she knew what happened, but wouldn't tell them. The guardians, especially Jacquelyn, was finding it hard to let that go.

"Is it like some special Sun Queen secret?" Ryia, who was sitting to her right, asked

"Something not even we can know?" Philip asked he was sitting between Ryia and Alianor

"You can say that" she smiled at them, fingers tapping on the brown book that was on her lap

The words Merek left her before the fight played in her mind.

"You will find that defeating Caine won't be simple. The guardians' combined power and all won't stop him. You and the guardians would be able to destroy him, but I'm afraid it will take you a long time to master your powers like he has.

There is one way that it can be done, and you are the only one who can do it.

He will want to steal the new guardians' powers like he tried to do with the first. And when he tries to do so, that will be your chance.

See, you are the Sun, the light, protector and creator of the elements and the table. As such, you can allow the table to grant powers...and order it to take them back"

"So people of Luxia, the north and south, join me in honouring our new heroes..." The King began

"That's our cue guys!" Morgaine said, grateful for the distraction

"The people destined, chosen, to become the protectors of our kingdom"

The six stood up and the crowd cheered.

"I present to you Alianor Coastillon, Philip Felstead, Ryia Buxton, Henry Golding and Jaquelyn Archer, our new Guardians. And Morgaine Walter, our Sun Queen!"

The cheering grew louder and the group's smiles grew wider. This guardian and Sun Queen thing were going to be hard, but it meant a lot knowing that they had their kingdom on their side. And their families having their backs went a long way too.

Morgaine was taking it all in when she felt a rush of energy through her body. She looked down at the book. There was another message from her great-grandfather. She quickly opened it to the first empty page. She smiled as she read the words that appeared to her.

"Congratulations my child, you have saved your kingdom!"

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

And there you have it, the final chapter! Thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting. Hopefully, there will be more of the Guardians coming soon.