Chapter 29: Battle for Luxia: Part 4

It didn't take long for the warriors guarding the house to spot the group as they left Gawain's house. Philip raised his hands to them, freezing them on the spot before they rushed out of the gate.

They walked the streets cautiously, bodies alert for any sign of a shadow warrior. Soon enough, like Royale warned, they came across a group of shadow warriors. The two new guardians stepped forward, Alianor swinging her satchel to her back, getting it out of her way. Their hands raised and ice, frost and water flew everywhere. Soon, the ground was littered with ash and frozen warriors.

"Let's go," Philip said before they continued their way down the streets

They passed Luxians who were trapped in their homes. The people's face brightened with excitement and hope at the sight of the new and old guardians. They knew now that they had a chance to be saved.

The guardians met more warriors along the way, and they dealt with them the same way. Soon enough, they came to the town square. They hid at the back a building and peeked from behind it. In the middle of the square, they say two warriors guarding what looked like a large cage. The bars were black and burning in black and purple flame. In the cage stood the other former guardians.

"How are we supposed to get them out of that?" Philip asked

"I have an idea," Alianor said holding up the book of Shadow magic

But she didn't open the book, she had already memorised the reverse spell. She knew that at some point in the day she would have to use it. She peeked around the building once more before reciting the words of the spell.

"Tenebris novisia!"

At first, nothing happened, but soon, the flames of the bars died down until they were out. The bars themselves began to fade into nothingness. The former guardians looked around them in surprise as their holding cell disappeared before them. The warriors' backs were facing the cage, making them unaware of the happenings behind them.

Geoffrey immediately began to assess the situation. They would still have to get past the warriors after the cage was completely gone. He began to look around for something to use as a weapon. The only thing he saw was a large rock. He quickly picked it up and held it over his head, slowly walked towards the unexpecting warrior once the cage finally faded. He clenched the rock and was ready to strike when the warriors froze to ice in front of him.

"What the?" Geoffrey said and he dropped the rock on the floor

Ilda smiled to herself, she knew exactly what was happening. After all, she had done it many times before.

"Philip," she said to herself

The older men instantly knew what she meant, and it was confirmed when Alianor and Philip ran up to them.

"Oh Philip" Ilda grinned walking up to her grandson with arms opened wide

Philip slowed down, a bit surprised by the gesture. The last time his grandmother hugged him was when he was ten. He couldn't even remember what the occasion was.

He was finally standing in front of her and she pulled him into an embrace. He hugged her back tightly, not realising that he had missed her hugs. After a few seconds, which felt like hours to Philip, she pulled away. She placed her hands on his cheeks and looked up at him.

"You're a guardian," she said with bright eyes

At that moment he saw something in her he hadn't seen for a long time, pride. And for a while, he understood why Henry tried so hard to please his grandfather. There was something amazing about seeing your parent, or even grandparent, proud of you.