Chapter 3: Jacob

I watched as her car disappeared from her parents long driveway. This dinner went surprisingly better then I thought. Heading back into the house I enter into the dinning room where the Jennings and my parents were eating dessert like nothing had happened. Sadly I came with my parents instead of bringing my own car. 

Last night I did think it was the Kasey from high school, but I had doubts from how different she looked. This dinner confirmed it. In high school Kasey was bullied daily and I was one of the people that stood by and never helped her. I always had regret, but there is nothing I can do about it now. I just hope she won't hold it against me.

"Jacob I need a list of your friends that you would like to be at the wedding" Mrs Jennings spoke up. I nod, "I will make one and send it over." She gives me a smile in response, "At least you are willing to comply." Wow. I don't know how her parents became so cold. My parents have their moments but they treat me better then how the Jennings treated their daughter. 

When I realized that the person my parents made the arrangement was with girl from the club last night, i felt relieved. I was worried I would be put with a stuck up, goody two shoes brat. Luckily I knew a little more about her because when Trey came to the hotel last night he talked about her for a while. He said she loved traveling and the outdoors. I wonder if her parents knew that?

"Jacob, are you okay" My mother asks curiously. "Yeah I am fine. Do you mind if I leave. I promised to take Trey to see the Portland sights" I lied. My father nods and I stand to my feet. "If you can ride a motorcycle, feel free to use Kasey's" Mr Jennings announced. I turn to him surprised. "I know you came with your parents" he adds. I nod a thanks. "The maid will show you" Mrs Jennings states without looking at me. I follow the maid to the garage. She pulls a tarp off a mat black custom motorcycle.

"Kasey won't mind me driving this" I ask the maid. The maid gives a sad look, "Kasey had an accident a few years okay. She got pretty banged up. Her parents said that it was totaled. Kasey was devastated, but her parents have had it sitting in the garage since it has been fixed." I run my hand through my hair, "She still doesn't know?" The maid shakes her head, "No." She walks over to the wall and opens the garage. "Do you know her address" I ask. She nods and writes it down on a random piece of paper and hands it to me. "Please don't tell anyone what I have said." I give my thanks and get on the motorcycle. I rev it up and it purrs beautifully.

Once at the hotel, I park out front and text Trey to come down. After five minute he emerges from the lobby. "Holy shit man" he slaps me on the back. "Where the hell did you get that" He ask admiring the bike. "You know how my parents are pushing for me to be married to their friends daughter" I mention. He nods. "Well, this is hers" I state. His eyes widen, "really?" I nod. "Damn! You lucky!" I laugh at his comment. "Trey there is something I do need to tell you" I sigh. He raises his brow curiously "What?" 

"It's Kasey." He takes a step back, "Wait, the Kasey from last night?" I grimace and nod. I watch his face go emotionless then he bursts out laughing. "You looked scared Jacob" he chuckles. "Kasey is more of.. like a sister to me" Trey says. That surprised me, I thought they hit it off last night. "Wait! Does this mean you getting married" he asks. "Two weeks" I answer. He slaps me again on the back, "Well you defiently hit the jack pot!" 

"I need Kasey's number" I tell him. "Why didn't she give you it" he asks. "She told me to get it from you" I state. "She also thought I slept with her best friend last night" I add. Trey bends over laughing. "Come on man, its not that funny" I tell him. He shakes his head trying to contain his laughter, "Can't wait to tell Matt!" I smack his head and he instantly calms down. 

"So when are you planning to see her" Trey asks. "I need to give her the bike back. We have to head back to Bend tomorrow for Jessica's baby shower" I tell him. He nods, "Okay, I will tell Matt to get back here so we can start packing up. I sent her phone number to you phone" I pat his shoulder, "Thanks."