Chapter 14: Kasey

I never meant not to tell him the truth. I just didn't know how to tell him that my mother got physical. My father never found out, my mother would make excuses to cover his tracks. I'm thankful that Jacob didn't get upset at the my not telling him about my mother hitting my when we discussed the abuse earlier. Now I am trying to figure out how to get through this whole next few hours of wedding dress shopping with a bruised cheek. Yes, she hit that hard. Jacob and I thought it would only be red for a while, but looking in the mirror the morning after revealed the bruise. Luckily you can only see it if you look closer.

"You okay?"

I turn and see Bethany giving me a worried look. I nod, "I am fine." She shakes her head, "You should be better then fine! We are on our way to the bridal shop!" I shrug my shoulders. "Don't let mother dearest tear down your-." She abruptly stops talking hearing a grunt come from Jacob. Thankfully, he knew to shut her up.

"Jacob keep it for the bedroom" Bethany snaps. "Bethany please call down" I groan. "Once again keep it for the bedroom!" I glare at her. She puts her hands up in surrender. 

Its been a little over a week since my mother made her unwanted appearance. Bethany arrived last night to come shopping for my wedding dress as well as her dress and the other bridesmaids. Jacob is driving us to the bridal shop to meet up with the others. Luckily Bethany has kept her mouth shut the rest of the ride.

Jacob parks out front, gets out and walks around the truck to open the door for us. "Thanks" I kiss his cheek. He grins and wraps his arm around me to lead me into the shop with Bethany trailing. "Just make me the third wheel" she mutters. I chuckle at her childish ways.

When we make it inside we are lead to a section of the store where Bella, Jessica, Nala and Rachael are waiting for us. "Hey what is he doing here" Belle remarks. "I am walking my lady in" Jacob announces with a large grin. Rachael pretend gags while Jessica quietly "awes."

"Well now you can go, so us ladies can get started" Belle says with a smirk. Jacob rolls his eyes, "Chill Belle. Give us a minute." We take a few steps away from the others. "You okay" he asks. "Yeah, I just kind of wish you didn't have to go" I mutter looking down. He lifts my chin with his finger. "I will stay, if that is what you want" he says sincerely then kisses the me softly. "Its okay. Your suppose to be meeting the guys to get your tuxes fitted" I tell him. Honestly, since my mothers threat, I've only felt completely comfortable around Jacob. "How about you text me when your done and I will pick you up. We can do a movie night or something." I nod, "That sounds good. How about we skip this and go do that now?" He chuckles, "As much as I would want to, I would rather have you get a wedding dress for our wedding that is few weeks away." "Okay." I give in. I hug him then watch as he walks away.

Once I sit down with the girls on the couch, a consultant walks over to us. "Kasey, did you want to start with the wedding dress or the bridesmaids" the lady named Liz asked. "Lets do the bridesmaids first" I tell her. "Okay, did you have anything in mind? Color? Price?" I nod and pull out a paper I stored in my bag with the picture of the ideal dresses. She takes it, looks it over and nods. "Ladies, please come with me and we will get you guys in the dresses" she states. "Would you mind watching Nala" Jessica asks. "No, of course not" I tell her. Jessica gives her thanks then sits Nala next to me. I end up noticing that she has the stuffed horse I got her in her hands.

"Hey Nala" I pick her up and put her on my lap. She giggles in response. "Does your horse have a name" I ask. She nods excitedly, "Misty!" I hug her gently, "That's a great name!" Bethany, Belle, Jessica, and Rachael walk out in their dresses and stand in front of us. "They look great" I tell them. "Do you guys like them? Are they comfortable" I ask. "Great choice Kasey" Jessica says. "Maybe this will get me a man at your wedding" Belle adds. Bethany laughs, "They are perfect Kasey!"