Chapter 11: Kasey

UNEDITED

I woke up due to the bright light streaming through the large bedroom windows. Turning over I see the empty spot besides me, but hear the shower on from the bathroom. Sitting up I keep the blanket on to cover myself. I can already tell that I am sore just by barely moving. I hear the door open and turn to see Jacob walking towards me. He has a pair of sweat pants on resting low on his hips. My eyes felt glued.

"Morning beautiful" he says making my eyes snap to his face. Then I notice he isn't even wet. "I though you were taking a shower" I curiously state. "I was running you a warm bath. In case your sore" he says rubbing the back of his neck. "Thanks" I say softly amazed how he was being thoughtful. Truly I have never seen him not be. Well at least so far.

He reaches out for my but I tighten the sheets in my grip. He backs away noticing. "Would you like a shirt" he asks. I shake my head realizing it was pointless when I would have to take it off in the bathroom. Without realizing it Jacob moved closer. "I am going to pick you up" he states then does so. He waits for me to let go of the blanket. It took me a second, but after a deep breath, I let go. 

He slowly lowered me into the bathtub. "Is the temperature okay" he asks.I nod, "Its perfect. Thanks." He pulls out towels from underneath the sink cabinet. I look around his bathroom to notice that there is a walk in shower and the toilet was on the other side with a door.  "Like it" he asks. My head snaps to look back at him, "Yeah. Its like a women's dream bathroom." He nods with a large smile, "Good thing that this bathroom will continue having a women to enjoy it. A gorgeous woman at that." I laugh at his comment and sink further into the large tub. 

"Why didn't you tell me" he asks softly breaking the few minutes of silence. I raise my brow. "Kasey" he says sternly. "I got caught in the moment. I thought it was obvious. I did tell you I wasn't close to anybody. Its not that big of a deal" I shrug.  "Kasey it is. Your twenty seven! It seems like you were saving it for a reason" he stresses. "I was saving it for when I have a husband, yes. Jacob you are my fiance. We are getting married in less then two months" I explain. "It should of been special" he murmurs. "What" I ask unable to understand his meaning. "It was your first time. If i'd known I would at least made it special or let you wait til we were husband in wife" he says folding his hands together with his hands as he sits once he was seated on the floor next to the tub. "Do you regret it" I ask him. He shakes his head, "no." A smile spreads on my face, "I don't either, so can we drop this and move on?" He smiles and leans over kissing me. 

"My mother called this morning" he states. "More wedding stuff" I ask. He nods, "I told her what we wanted and she was upset because she feels like your mother is going to freak." I look at him confused, "Why?" He runs his hands through his hair, "I told her we wanted to wedding here. Mentioned Jessica being pregnant. She ended up reading me like a book. She knows you don't want to go back to Portland."  I shrug my shoulder, "Why does it matter?" He sighs, "I didn't think it did that much, but apparently it does. She said your mother expects us to move there and you continue with the company." I slowly stand up and start reaching for a towel. Jacob beats me to it. "Here" he states handing me the towel. I wrap it around my self and step out of the tub. "Feel better" he asks. I nod, "Much better." 

I walk into his room and notice the bright red stain on his white sheet. "Shit" I say louder then I meant. "It's okay. Its replaceable" Jacob says from behind me. I walk over to his dresser. "Kasey what are you doing" he asks. "Borrowing a shirt" I say as I pull out a black t shirt. I pull it over my head and drop the towel. "Wanna borrow my boxers too" he jokes but I notice his eyes looking me over. I kick the towel up to him and he catches it with ease. "I would but they be to big" I pout jokingly. 

Walking out of the room, I head to mine and open the door. Knight jumps off the bed to greet me. "Hey boy" I say as I pet his head. "Seems like I haven't seen you in forever" I joke. Walking to my dresser I pull out a pair of underwear and slip them on. Before I could turn around, I knew Jacob followed which means he just saw me put my undergarment on. I turn around with red cheeks. "Jesus Kasey" he grits out. "Sorry, I guess you need to let people know when you are entering their room" I smirk. "God you act so innocent, but wild at the same time" he breaths out. I laugh. "Its not funny. Its going to kill me" he states throwing his hands in the air. "I will make sure it does so slowly" I pull on jean shorts. 

"So back to the subject. Are you serious about staying here" Jacob asks but I could still tell he was very much turned on. I sit on the end of the bed and pat it for Jacob to sit, but Knight beats him to it. Jacob ends up sitting on the other side of Knight. "Yes. I am. Main reason is to get away from my parents. I know I am suppose to be official ceo soon, but they would never leave me alone and let me make my own choices. I think this is best for me. For us. To stay here" I tell him. "Okay, then welcome home" he says with the biggest smile. I laugh. "Of course if you want to move we can get another house" I put my hand up to shut him up. "This is home" I tell him. "I really wish Knight didn't steal my spot" he says sadly. I burst out laughing at his pouting face.

"When did you want to get your stuff? Before or after the wedding" Jacob asks. "Before. We have to do this without my parents finding out that I am not going back to stay in Portland" I state. "Kasey, why does it seem like there is more that I should know" Jacob says standing up and walking to where he is in front of me.  "If they find out I am planning to leave and I go to Portland. They will force me to stay Jacob" I state and stand up. "Force" he says angrily. 

"Multiple times when I got in trouble or they didn't want me going or doing anything they would like give me lock down. I am not exaggerating either. They would hire extra security guards to make sure I wouldn't leave the house" I said starting to feel the anger that I have hidden away for so long. "I won't let that happen Kasey. Would you friend Bethany pack your stuff? I can have the guys go up there to help and they can bring it back" Jacob says as he wraps me in a hug. 

"Did they ever physically hurt you" Jacob asks. "No, they never would go that far" I say into his chest. "I think thats why my mom is so worried" he says softly. I look up to him, "Why?" 

"My mom said if she stays in Bend, don't let her mom know until there is no option" he tells me then kisses my forehead. "God, why do my parents have to be so controlling" I growl out. "Your twenty seven. Don't let them control you anymore." I nod, "With your help I won't" I stand on my tippie toes and peck his lips. In that moment my stomach chooses to rumble. Jacob laughs, "Let's feed you."

As I follow him to the kitchen, I couldn't help but remember all those times where my parents had me on lock down. The worst was when my uncle died. They had me on lock down in my apartment. I was only allowed to tend school, but besides that I was locked in the house. I couldn't see Bethany. A security guys was the only one I saw when he was bringing me food and drinks. Phones and laptop were taken away. This went on for three months. It was a period of my life I wish I could completely forget.

"Kasey, you okay?" I look up to see a concerned look on Jacob's face. I nod, "perfect." I walk over and he wraps his arm around me in a side hug as he looks through the fridge for something to eat.