Chapter 22: Kasey

"Hurry" Brandon states as we continue racing down the stairs. I miss a step that as me falling into Brandon, but he quickly reaches out and steadies me. Gun shots are head faintly from the floors above "Keep moving" is his only response. After what seems like hours, but only minutes we make it down to the main floor. 

How can he manage to be so calm. Brandon slowly opens the door and peeks out. After a moment he slowly closes it again. "Stay behind me and keep moving" he directs. I nod trying to keep my self composed. He opens the door and I follow him. He stays near the walls and walks down a hallway that would not take us out through the lobby. "Where are we going" I ask. "Out back" he states. He grabs my hand and moves even faster to the exit. 

Once outside he leads me to a jeep. "Get in." I get in and buckle my seat belt as Brandon does the same but with out buckling. He speeds out of the parking lot heading south. "What about them" I ask. "There is another vehicle for them. Also Ben and Trey should be close" he says with no emotions showing. "What if they are hurt?" He simply doesn't answer and keeps driving. 

Since Brandon seemed to ignore my last comment, I stayed quiet. I couldn't help but fidget the whole time worrying about the others. After two hours of driving, Brandon pulls down a dirt road and parks on the side. "Where are we?" "Safe." I sigh realizing I wasn't going to get much out of him.

Grant pulls out his phone and dials a number. I lean my head against the frame of the door. "See you in ten" Brandon says.  I glance at him to see him hang up and then lean back on the door. "He is dead." Guessing by his non worried expression, I knew it wasn't any of his friends. "The guys that my mother hired" I question. "Yeah." 

We sit in silence until a black SUV pulls up behind us. Brandon gets out of the car, but I stay seated. I watch them through the side mirror to only see Grant and Trey getting out of the SUV. So they must of made it there. Where is Jacob and Ben?

Trey walks over to my side the car. "Holding up okay" he asks. "I'd be better if Brandon had of shared what exactly is going on" I grumble. He sighs, "Things were didn't go as planned." I turn to face him, "What do you mean?" "Kasey there was more then just him. The guy we were watching" he explains. "Keep going" I urge him. 

"We got there in time to help out but Grant and Jacob were cornered into the room when we arrived. They had a total of five minute not including the assassin your mother hired. We were able to kill everyone but they were able to cause damage" he explains. "Damage?"

"Jacob got shot. From what Grant said is when a guy tried to follow you guys down the stairs he blocked it to bide you guys time and that when he got shot the first time" he tells. "The first time" I asked shocked. "There is more then one time" I raise my voice. I swing open the door, luckily Trey moved fast enough to where it didn't hit him. I get out and start walking away. 

I can hear foot steps behind me, telling me that Trey is following. "He saved Ben's life Kasey" he says. I could hear the sadness in his voice. This has me turning around and facing him. "He is okay, he is being flown to London as we speak. The say he is going to make it" Trey says as he wraps his arms around me to embrace me in a hug. 

"I can't believe this" I mumble into his chest. "I'm so sorry Kasey" Trey says with sorrow in his voice. "Your husband is one brave man" he adds. "I wish he could be brave without being shot" I grumble. "This isn't the first time. Plus the second bullet hit him at close range to save Ben" he says as he puts his arm around my shoulder and directs me back to the vehicles. "You are shit at making me feel better" I grumble.

We load back into the vehicles, but instead of Brandon Trey drives the Jeep. "Where are we going now" I ask. "Home." I sigh in relief. "There is a flight in an hour and we will be on it" he adds. "Wait. I'm I going to London to be with Jacob" I ask. "No. Your mother is in jail and the court day is in a few days. Matt was able to give all evidence and now the supreme court is handling the case. So we have to head home to take care of this. We will get updates for Jacob and when approved to fly he will be on his way home."

I sigh and lean back into the seat of the jeep. Once at the airport we load onto the plane and that's when I realize I have none of my baggage. Well I guess I'm going have to replace stuff when we get home.  I spend the flight sleeping. Sleep that I desperately needed.

TWENTY FOUR HOURS LATER

I woke up to my cell phone going off. "Hello?"

"Kasey"

"Jacob. Thank god you called. Are you okay" I ask. This is the first time Ive talked to him. 

"I'm okay. They said I should be cleared in about eighteen hours for flight" he tells me. 

"Really?"

"Yeah. How you holding up?"

"Well my husband is in another country at a hospital due to being shot multiple times during our honeymoon. Plus I have court in two days that will put what I thought was my mother in jail" I say it dripping with sarcasm. As soon as the words leave my mouth, I feel guilty.

"I'm sorry Jacob-"

"Kasey, don't apologize. You have been through a lot. I wish I could be there with you."

"Well a few more days"

"Yeah. My goal is to be there for the court date."

"That would be amazing" I sigh.

I hear our door bell go off. "Hey Jacob, someone is at the door. Can you call me later" I ask.

"Of course. I love you Kasey."

"Love you too" I say then hang up. 

Setting the phone on the coffee table I get up and walk to the front door. When I open I am surprised to see Jessica and Nala standing there. 

"Hey Jessica, Nala and Benny" I say as I open the door further for them to come in. Once they are in I close the door and we sit in the living room. "How you holding up" she asks. "I'm okay" I tell her. "Ben feels bad and so do I" she says. "Why" I ask. "Well for one its your guys honeymoon. Two Jacob taking a bullet for Ben when he was already shot" she explains. "Jessica, Jacob would've done it no matter what. You know how the guys are" I tell her. She nods, "Still I feel like I am so happy he isn't hurt, but here you going through so much." I give her small smile, "Jessica, Jacob is okay. I'm okay. Its defiantly been one hell of a week but we will be okay" I tell her. She nods and I can tell she is holding back the tears. "So you think baby number three is going to make his appearance soon" I ask trying to change to a happier subject.