Chapter 7: Kasey

Last night was crazy. I don't know how else to describe it. After I left the kitchen it took me at least an hour two just to fall asleep due to replaying what happened in the kitchen. Looking into the mirror I adjust the sundress I have picked out. Since after breakfast we were going to his friends baby shower I wanted to make sure I was wearing appropriate clothing. Of course I would be prefer to wear jeans and a top but just thinking of how my parents would scold me, was good enough for me to wear the dress. It was a yellow t shirt dress. Luckily it was comfortable and I was able to dress it up with the jewelry that Bethany had snuck in my bag.

I curled my hair and then added light makeup. Once I decide I look decent enough I open up the bathroom cabinet searching to see if there was a first aid kit. I sigh realizing I will have to ask Jacob for it. Since I showered this morning I got the bandage wet and knew I would have to get it cleaned and wrapped again. Grabbing my purse off the bed I walk out of the room and head to living room to see if I can find Jacob.

As I make it into the living room I look around to see Jacob sitting at the kitchen bar drinking his coffee and reading his paper. I walk over and sit in the chair next to him. He turns to me and looks me over. "You look stunning" he says. When I don't respond he sets down the paper and raises his brow. I sigh and slowly bring my hand to rest on the counter, palm facing up. 

I watch as his eyes go down to my hand and he groans. "Kasey, tell me you did not get it wet" he says rhetorically, defiantly knowing the answer. "I need a shower" I mumble. He stands up and goes around the bar into the kitchen bringing the first aid that was sitting on the counter from last night. He sits in the seat again and starts pulling items out from the box. "Here" he says taking my hand in his. He gently cleans it and then re wraps it. Once he finished he starts putting the items back in the back and stands to put it away as well as toss out the dirty gaze. 

"Thank you" I smile. "No problem" he nods as he sits back down and takes a long sip of his coffee while looking at his paper. "Quick question" I say. "Yes" he says looking back at me. "Since you put the stitches in does that mean you will take it out when it heals" I ask curiously. "I can-" but before he could say anything else. "How long do you think until it will heal" I add. He chuckles, "I can or you can go in to see a doctor. I would say a few weeks to fully heal, it was a decent sized cut. If it hurts take some medication and it should help." I nod. 

"Are you ready to go get breakfast" he asks as he folds up the newspaper. "Yeah" I answer. Jacob stands up, "Let's go." I follow him out of the house and to the car. I notice he already unloaded my bike. When I turn to his truck, I see Jacob standing there with the door open. "Thanks" I say softly as I hop into the truck. He nods closing the door for me. I buckle my seat belt and watch as he walks around and hops in. 

After five minutes of silence, I couldn't take it any longer. "So who's baby shower are we going to" I ask. "My friend Ben's wife's baby shower" he answers keeping his eyes on the road. "If you don't mind me asking, how did you meet Ben" I question. "We meet due to being on the same special forces unit. He was our lead" he explains. "Was?" He nods, "He retired recently. He runs his ranch now." He pulls into a parking lot to a Bear's Dinner. After parking he gets out and walks over to my side opening the door for me. "Thanks" I say as he helps me down. 

We walk in and are immediately led to a booth. "Hello, my name is Beatrice and I will be serving you today. What can I get you guys to drink?" "I'll take a iced tea" I tell her. "Coffee Jacob" she asks. He nods. "I'll be back shortly with your drinks" she says then walks off. I look at him with my brows raised surprised that she knew his name. "I come here often" he shrugs. A smile spreads on my face. "So what is good here?" "Everything. I normally get their breakfast platter" he explains as I skim over the menu. "I think I will try it" I say closing the menu then placing it down. 

"Here you guys are" Beatrice says as she places the drinks down. "Are you guys ready to order" she asks. "Two breakfast platters" Jacob answers. "Miss how would you like your eggs? Type of toast" she asks. "Over easy and sourdough" I answer. She nods and walks away. "Come here often enough they even know you order" I smirk. He laughs, "What can I say. They have good food."

"So this is completely off subject but are you really on board with this whole wedding" I ask. Jacob's eyes widen in surprise, but he quickly recovers. "Yeah, I am" he answers. "Why?" "Why what" he shoots back. "Why are you okay getting married to me? We barely know each other" I explain. He leans back in the booth seat. "We went to high school together. I knew of you" he says. "Of me? Doesn't mean you know me" I say as I fold my hands together to stop myself from fiddling. "What you say if I had a crush on you in high school" he says barely above a whisper. I was lucky to hear it. "Excuse me" I say louder then I meant to. "Its true." "How? How could you like me and watch me get bullied daily" I ask. "I was a high school boy that didn't know what to do. I admit that I was wrong not to do anything" he says sadly. 

I didn't know what to say. What is there to say. Not a moment later the Beatrice brought our food and we ate in silence. When I pushed away my plate from being full I look up to see Jacob watching me. "I do hope you can forgive me" he says quietly.