twenty one

"violets and honey"

"violets and honey"

"Wake up! Wake up!" Quinn's voice found me along with her petite hands. Her weight settled on top of me abruptly while my eyes creaked open.

"It's Christmas, Juju!" she cheered while kissing me all over my face.
I chuckled lightly before wrapping my arms around her waist and tackling her onto the bed. "Race ya' to the bathroom and then downstairs," I challenged her before quickly getting from on top of her.
I beat her in making it to the bathroom, where we brushed our teeth and tongues while bumping and elbowing one other and playfully glaring at each other in the mirror. Afterwards, we were off toward the living room.

Her bare feet pitter-pattered behind me as I spiraled down the stairs and gunned straight for the tree. She joined me in doing so, sitting right next to me as we both grabbed boxes that were addressed to us.

"I wanna' watch you open all of yours first," she smiled.
"Nah, you first," I shook my head while pushing a couple more boxes toward her, knowing that those were the ones I wrapped for her.

"Okay," she smiled almost shyly before agreeing to go first.

I watched her eyes shine with every present— from the camera to the shoes and especially the jewelry.

"Juwan!" she shrieked at the sight of the necklace and matching bracelet I got her. I couldn't keep my smile down as she pulled the necklace out of its box and urged me to put it on for her.

Her back turned toward me as I scooted to where my legs were on either side of her. I slid the jewelry around her neck, linking it in the back before leaving kisses against her skin. She giggled while putting the bracelet on for herself.

The necklace had her name on it, the Q being encrusted with small diamonds. The bracelet was the same thing, holding the letter Q rather than her whole name. I didn't want to get her anything too big or heavy, but I felt as if I'd found the perfect balance.

Gold looked so good on her, matching the glistening that reigned over her eyes while also giving her chocolate skin even more depth. It served as a reminder to always keep my shorty laced. She deserved it, and even if she didn't, she looked too good not to have it.

"It's beautiful, Juwan. I love it so much, but I love you even more. Thank you," she grinned at me over her shoulder before kissing my cheek over and over.
My head turned, my lips taking the place of my cheek so that I could reciprocate her kisses. "Anything for my shorty," I mumbled against her plush lips, both of the corners of our mouths turning up into small smiles.

Abruptly, her lips were torn away from mine and her full smile unleashed itself onto her face as she faced me.
"Open your stuff! Go on!" she pressured me, playfully pushing me before scooting back to create distance between us.

I did as she requested, tearing the gift wrap off of my gifts without hesitation. I got a Rolex and some brand new video games for my console. She bought me some Jordans and a pair of all black Timberland boots. She bought me new paintbrushes and canvases and even a stand to paint on. She bought me Sugar Shackthe Sugar Shack.