p r o l o g u e

𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀—𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘰, 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘨𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘹𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘳, 𝘧𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺—

𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀
—𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘰, 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘨𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘹𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘳, 𝘧𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺—

     BEXLEY TERRIS STEPS forward, four other recruits joining her side as they walk towards General Leia Organa. The assassin had only met with Leia once before, of which the general had offered her a top spot in the Resistance; Bexley had immediately accepted the offer, determined to join the revolt against the First Order.

Her greeting with the general happened only three days ago, when Bexley was attending her flight academy to become a head pilot. However, her role as an assassin— passed down from her ancestors working for the Republic— would still stand as she arrived at the Resistance headquarters. General Organa had promised she could continue her family's legacy with missions, and would also have the opportunity to finish flight school and possibly become a head pilot.

"Good morning," Leia greets the recruits with a nod, her hands clasped together behind her. "Over the next two weeks you will be trained to attend on missions for the Resistance. Some of you will also be attending flight classes, as you've been pulled from the academy. However, I can't promise that you will all grow to be top pilots. As of now, we only have a few, and it may continue that way."

Bexley straightens her posture, glancing to the others beside her. She noticed, not to her surprise, that she was the only girl from the recruits. The others stood at least a foot taller than her, all of them well-built with looks to intimidate. Bexley tightens her ponytail, her blonde hair falling in waves down her back.

The girl's chocolate eyes dart to a sudden movement behind Leia. A man takes his position behind the general, his dark eyes scanning over the recruits.

"This is one of our top pilots," Leia says, gesturing to the brunette man. "Why don't you introduce yourself?"

"I'm Poe Dameron," he states. "Welcome to the Resistance. I'm going to be helping out with your flight training, and will assist on your missions when you get to that point."

"You have a private base to yourselves in the right wing of headquarters," the General continues. "Each of you will have a separate room, but will have to share the building with the other recruits. Poe will be your tour guide, and will show you the training rooms. He will be with you for a while, so get used to seeing his face."

"Prepare yourselves for what's ahead," Poe says, his eyes finding those of Bexley's. "You'll definitely be needing it."

_______