e l e v e n

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉—𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉
—𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯—

     IF BEXLEY WAS being honest with herself, she was a bit nervous for the day ahead. Her two-day-wait was over in an instant, and she was faced with the task of making her way to the pilot quarters for takeoff. Poe, however, was so much more nervous than the blonde.

"Don't let her do this," he had begged Leia. "General, she's not equipped enough to be off on her own, in this situation."

"I have trusted her with a great gesture," Leia shook her head, placing her folded hands on her desk. "Poe, don't you think I'm trying to protect her, too? I wouldn't do this if I weren't confident in her abilities. She will be fine, she'll have companions."

"Let me go, too," Poe said, running his fingers through his curls. "I- I can watch her, or pilot her ship. Leia, please."

His protective stance and worried expression had proved to the general that he had grown to feel for her. Their time together had been short, but he had found a way to connect with Bexley. And she wasn't about to pull them apart.

"Don't get distracted," Leia told him. "I know you care for her, but that's not our main concern at the moment. Focus on your task, and make sure she carries out hers."

And with that, Poe would be tagging along with the blonde. Bexley wasn't informed yet, and wouldn't be until takeoff; but it didn't matter. As long as Poe could attend, he was the happiest he could ever be. Despite trashing his responsibilities to follow around a girl, nothing mattered.

"Don't miss me too much while you're gone," Heath says to Bexley as he walks her down the hall. "I know it'll be hard to manage, but you'll see me again in a few days,"

"As if," Bexley scoffs, rolling her eyes as she nudges his side. "I'm thankful to get a break from all your whining and the classes. This is the best thing that's happened to me since getting accepted into the Resistance."

"You know you'll at least think about me," he pauses to shrug, "even if you don't want to admit it."

"You know what, Heath?" The blonde sighs, stepping in front of him. "I will miss you. I'll miss seeing you at breakfast, complaining about how much you can't wait to pass flight school. And how you always have an insult prepared for me the moment I sit down."

"Now that's the heartfelt goodbye I was hoping for," he grins, yanking her into an embrace. "So try not to get yourself hurt, or decide you want to stay longer. Spencer and I can't handle being the only two left."

"I know," she grins, patting him on the back as he lets go. "It's three days, I'm sure you'll be fine without us. But don't get into any trouble, okay? The last thing I need is to come back and find out that you are suspended for doing something stupid."