t w o

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊—𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊
—𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴—

BEXLEY WAS AWOKEN by four sharp raps against her bedroom door. Light had drifted in from the window next to her bed, signaling the start of a new day. The knocks continued on the door as Bexley groaned, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She had to admit- it was the best sleep she ever had, and she didn't want it to end.

But, instead of continuing her sleep like she ached to, she found herself standing from the bed, and moving to open the door. Chocolate brown eyes stare back at her as she yawns, wincing at the bright light in the hallway. Poe chuckles upon seeing her sleepy state, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Didn't you set an alarm last night?" he questions, raising an eyebrow as he studied the tired blonde.

Bexley's hair was a mess. She hadn't brushed it yet, nor had she gotten the chance to put it in a ponytail. Her face was red from laying her cheek on her hand while she slept, yet she still managed to look beautiful.

"I may or may not have fallen asleep right after you left, and procrastinated about my responsibilities," Bexley smiles innocently with a shrug. "I'm sorry. Am I late for anything?"

Poe looked as he did the day before, only he was wearing a training outfit as Bexley was. She didn't question it, although she wondered if he would be in the training room with the recruits.

"You have five minutes until breakfast starts," he replies, glancing down to the watch on his hand. "Make that four. And after that, you'll start classes, then go straight to training with Heath."

"He was serious about that?" she runs a hand down her face. "Okay, well, I'll be out in a minute."

"I'll be waiting," Poe comments, tapping his watch in amusement as she closes the door behind her.

Bexley doesn't bother glancing at the mirror as she pulls her hair back up into a ponytail, and strips herself from her clothes. The girl grabs a training outfit, fitting into the black leggings and black t-shirt as quick as she could. And after changing socks at a rapid pace, she slips her feet into a black pair of shoes, and rushes back over to open the door.

Once again, she finds herself face-to-face with Poe, their eyes meeting.

"That was quick," Poe says. "You sure you aren't a witch?"

"Haha," Bexley says sarcastically, closing the door to her room as she enters the hallway. "Very funny. Now hurry up and show me to the cafeteria, I need to meet at least a few people before classes."

Poe nods, walking ahead of her down the hallway. They turn right, stopping at the third doorway in sight. The doors are open, the inside of the cafeteria full of chattering students. Bexley winces as they both step inside, the noise hitting her full-force.