s e v e n

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉—𝘨𝘰 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉
—𝘨𝘰 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬—

BEXLEY WAS EXCITED after she left the cafeteria, waiting patiently for Poe's arrival. She had to admit, she did better than expected when it came to managing her stress. But maybe it was only Poe's reassurance that kept her from worrying over the small things at the moment.

The girl currently resides in her room, staring at the door with expectant eyes. Bexley hadn't been waiting too long for Poe, but she had been in her room for quite a while. And instead of doing something a bit more productive- such as catching up on her training with Spencer and Heath, she decided to wait for her friend to knock on her door with books in his hands.

Bexley looks to her alarm clock, sighing as she lays back on the bed. She shortly debated leaving her room, then rejected the idea almost as soon as it came. She was willing to wait for Poe, even if it meant turning down the idea of increasing her sparring skills. The blonde runs her fingers through her hair, closing her eyes as she relaxes. And almost as quick as she does, three sharp raps sound against the door.

The girl is up in an instant, rushing to pull the door open and face Poe, who had three books in his grasp.

"You're back," Bexley breathes, relief flooding through her veins as she takes in his undamaged appearance.

"I am," Poe chuckles, his eyes finding hers. "Have fun without me?"

"If only it were that simple," she smiles, opening the door wider for him to enter. "How was your mission?"

Poe sits down on her bed, tossing the books onto the sheets as he sighs. He looks over to her, shaking his head in amusement. "Eventful, actually. But all of our pilots made it out safely, and that's all that matters."

"You look exhausted," Bexley notices, closing the door behind her before she moves to sit down across from him on the bed. "Sure you don't need any extra sleep right now?"

"Sleep deprivation isn't a problem at the moment." Poe states, opening a book to its starting page. "You have studying to do, and I'm here to help with that."

"Poe-"

"I want to help," Poe insists softly, cutting the girl off. "Believe me, if I was tired enough, I'd be sleeping right now. I'm fine, Bexley."

Bexley's posture grows rigid as she sucks in a deep breath. "Okay, fine. Now where should we start?"

"Instead of actually reading all of these books, it would be easier for you to skim," he says, his eyes grazing over the page in front of him, before he looks at to her. "It's quicker and still effective. Have you ever tried studying like that?"