t w e n t y

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔—𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘰𝘶𝘵—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔
—𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘰𝘶𝘵—

     𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎 trace of hope left in Bexley Terris' heart as she stared at Poe Dameron from across the room. He had been beaten; not as much as she had, but enough to leave him cut up and bloodied. The woman clenches her eyes shut, tugging at her restraints— this couldn't be it, could it? After everything they had been through, it was possible that this was the end. But not only for the assassin and head pilot, but the Resistance and uprising as they knew it. It would take an utter miracle in order to stop the chain of events that would destroy everything Bexley ever knew.

"He knows where the map is," Poe speaks, his voice cracking as his eyes find Bexley. "He'll be looking for BB-8 any minute now, and we can't do a damn thing about it."

"How did a droid ever get the map?" Bexley asks, laying her head back.

"My last trip was one to Jakku," the raven-haired man replies, shaking his head. "General Organa sent me to acquire it from Lor San Tekka. And while we were there, the First Order showed up looking for it. BB-8 and I got out of there before they could capture us, but Lor . . . he didn't make it. We were in the desert, and I had to walk quite a while to find civilization— but I found a scavenger there. I spent a time there while trying to find a new ship to fix up, and I grew to trust her. BB-8 is still on Jakku with her, and now I fear for both of them."

Bexley's heart stopped in her chest the moment she heard him talking about another woman. She swallowed back her emotions, knowing that the only thing she needed to focus on was trying to get out of the First Order's grasp. "A scavenger?"

"She was different, and I could sense it from her aura," he explains, before a small smile falls upon his lips. "Say, sweetheart, you're not jealous of her, are you?"

Bexley chuckles, putting on a solemn expression. "What? Of course not, Dameron, I'm not like that."

"Well, in case you were wondering, I think you're much better than her," Poe winks. "You're the only one for me, dollface. Don't you ever forget it."

The blonde smiles, her chest growing warm at his words. Her eyes begin to sting, before filling with tears as she speaks. "You know, I thought I was never going to see you again. I had given up all hope . . . thank you for coming for me. Although this situation isn't the greatest, it still means a lot that you tried."

Poe hesitates, his heart breaking at seeing her tears. He wishes that somehow he would be able to get out— to comfort her, and get her the hell away from this place. But the metal bars around his limbs proved that he wasn't going anywhere for a while, at least. "Please don't cry, sweetheart," he begs. "I can't stand to see you cry."