f o u r t e e n

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉—𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘳—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉
—𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘳—

     AS POE'S SHIP landed on the top of a sand dune, he was quick to dismantle himself from his seatbelt, before tossing his helmet to the side. He made his way straight for Bexley's crashed ship, breathing in the humidity around him. Poe felt completely overwhelmed upon seeing the flames that reared high over the remainders of her x-wing, leaving a trail of smoke to linger in the air.

"No," he murmers, rushing over without hesitation. "No, no, no!"

A ship took off high above him, one that was no doubt from the First Order. Why had they stayed so long? He couldn't seem to find an answer, but stopped in his tracks when his mind wandered elsewhere. The First Order wouldn't have taken Bexley . . . would they? Then again, they'd have no reason to.

Other than the fact that she was now a part of the Resistance.

When Poe was finally close enough to examine the ship, he noticed that, beyond the fire, there had been cuts made by a lightsaber. A large portion of the ship had been removed, and tossed to the side carelessly. And from there, he could see no sight of a body. The only thing remaining in the abandoned ship was broken glass, Bexley's helmet, and blood that was beginning to sink into the damp sand.

---

Bexley was almost blinded when her eyes finally began to open, her eyelashes fluttering as she flinched. With the small movement of her hand, she came to realize that she was restrained by metal cuffs that held her to an upright table. It reminded the blonde of one she had seen in the Resistance interrogation room a few months back. Unfortunately, she already knew this wasn't a Resistance room.

Although the room was bright with florescent light, the set up of the place had a different aspect. There was near nothing around her, except for a silver chair that rested on the floor to her left. She could only imagine who it must be for. Then again, who could she be seeing? And where was she? As the blonde laid her head onto the table, she closed her eyes to try and recollect her memories.

It seemed the last thing she could remember was the stars from the opening in the ship, and then a bright light that turned away the darkness. But everything after that moment was unclear, like it was fogged over.

A set of double doors opened ahead of her, someone stepping inside without any hesitation. From the person's stance, Bexley could tell that it was a man. He held his shoulders with a certain posture, his chin held up. But his face was hidden behind a mask that Bexley found familiar.

He took the seat in front of her, making a move to remove his mask at once. Beneath, he looked normal. His black hair fell in waves to his shoulders, reminding Bexley of Poe's short curls. Oh, how she wish he was the one standing in front of her now.