t e n

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙉—𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙉
—𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭—

     BEXLEY AWOKE IN her bed the next morning, not expecting for Poe to already be there. But he was; standing in the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest, shaking his head as he tried not to grin. The blonde was up immediately, looking to her clock to find that she had only five minutes to get to breakfast.

"How could you let me oversleep?" Bexley asks Poe, sighing as she rushes to her drawers to grab an outfit. "You're supposed to help me, you know."

"It's not my fault you're lazy," he shrugs, looking quite smug as he takes a seat on her bed. "Besides, you were looking pretty peaceful in your sleep. I'd be a monster to ruin it."

Bexley couldn't help but smile as she rolled her eyes, stepping into the bathroom to change. Her mind filled with memories of the previous night; back to when Poe had taken her hand in his, and comforted her when she needed it the most. The blonde couldn't deny the warmth of Poe's hand, and the way hers fit perfectly in his. But she wouldn't focus on that right now, as she had other things to worry about.

Poe, on the other hand, didn't. And since he had woke up this morning, all he could think about was how beautiful she looked in the glow of the sunset. How he had taken her hand in his, and pulled her closer as they stared at the stars. Poe was sure he had been in paradise. He ran his fingers through his black curls, leaning against the bedroom door as Bexley exited the bathroom with a new outfit and her hair pulled up.

"I'm not ready for my classes," Bexley frowns, tightening her ponytail as she opens the door to leave. "Yesterday was a setback, and my worries are with me again."

"I'm here, so you shouldn't worry," Poe assures her, closing the bedroom door behind them. "Besides, you have Spencer in your classes to help you with anything else you'll need during class. And I'll be here after."

"Another week, and I'll be flying," the girl says, tilting her head to the side. "Are you teaching in the control room next week, before our final test?"

"Of course." He states, leading her down the long, brightly lit hallway. "I am the best pilot of the Resistance."

"You're awful confident," she notices, glancing up to narrow her eyes. "Maybe I could be the best pilot if I pass flight school. How would you feel about that?"

"Suprised, to say the least," he grins in a teasing matter. "You don't have what it takes to beat me; the best of the best."

"Is that a challenge?"

"I see it as more of a statement."