t h r e e

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀—𝘪𝘵'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀
—𝘪𝘵'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳—

     CLASSES WERE DIFFERENT than Bexley had expected. Instead of dragging by with nothing but the droning of a bored teacher, six hours sped by, full of introductions and information. She wasn't sure where Poe was after her third and final class, but didn't really care at the moment. Five new textbooks were stacked up in her arms, threatening to topple as Bexley was shoved to the side by another recruit.

She felt a weight on her shoulders that she definitely hadn't felt before‒ and she wasn't sure if it was the newfound pressure or the textbooks in her arms. Adjusting the books, Bexley lets out an exasperated sigh, before making her way to the girls' wing of the compound. Others followed after her in groups, giggling with their new friends. Bexley, on the other hand, couldn't be more stressed.

Spencer had all three classes with her, and took the opportunity of sitting next to her during all of them. The two of them would share glances every now and then, but he didn't hint that he wanted to have a conversation with her.

It was her first day; how could she be so exhausted and worried already? The overwhelming about of reading she'd have to complete within the next few days was going to be torture. That was one thing she knew for sure.

The girl wasn't paying attention to her surroundings when, suddenly, she crashed into someone and was knocked backwards. Bexley's books dropped to the floor, a gasp leaving her lips as she prepared for the impact of the floor. But it didn't come. Instead, she was surprised as arms wrapped around her waist to hold her up. Opening her eyes, she was relieved to see Poe's concerned eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asks as the girls behind Bexley walk around the two.

"Yeah, thanks," Bexley nods, smiling in the slightest as he steadies her on her feet. "Sorry about that, I wasn't paying attention."

"I noticed," Poe furrows his eyebrows. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Classes are already taking a toll on me," she responds with a grimace, looking to her books on the floor. "I'm not so sure I can do this anymore."

"You've got this," he rolls his eyes, grabbing her books easily from the floor. "Believe me, I thought the same thing. But focus and relaxing are the main keys to getting it. So stop stressing, you have time."

"Not enough of it," Bexley groans. "Do you see these books? They weigh more than I do! I have the rest of this week to read them, and the whole course is only two weeks!"

"The second week is review," Poe assures the girl, leading her to the girls' dorm with her books at his side. "These books are what matter. They have the basics of flying, it's not hard to get. And if you still need help after reading them, I'll help you, okay?"