e i g h t

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏—𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘴—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏
—𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘴—

AFTER POE SHOWED Bexley around the pilot quarters, he led her onto a freighter where she sat down in the co-pilot seat. Poe was determined to teach her how to fly, but he would have to get her comfortable with being on a ship first. And so he decided to show her what flying was like from the front seat.

"Please don't let me die," Bexley pleads, her hands latched onto the seat she sits in. She had already tightened her seatbelt, sitting stiff in her spot as she panicked. "I haven't even graduated flight school yet, now is not the time to die."

"You need to relax," Poe tells the blonde, flipping on the control pannel. "I haven't even started the ship yet. Besides, do you honestly think that I'd purposefully kill you? I don't think so."

"Yeah, you think," she sighs, not relaxing a bit. "You don't always plan to die, Poe, accidents happen. Believe me, I would know."

"Just be calm, okay?" Poe's tone softens as he looks to her. "I promise I would never put you in a risky situation if it could cost your life. Trust me, okay?"

It took a moment of staring into his eyes before she finally relaxed into the seat, her hands no longer latched onto anything. Bexley sighs as she allows herself to calm down and take a deep breath, nodding as she does so.

"Okay," she says quietly. "I trust you."

Poe finds himself smiling at her words, starting up the ship. Bexley rests her hands on her lap, watching carefully as he moves different dials and switches, knowing that soon enough she would have to grow accustomed to it. She would be flying soon, almost as soon as she passed the course. And, at the moment, she wasn't sure whether or not she was overly excited about it.

"I won't take you to a planet today, mostly because of safety issues," he starts, buckling the seatbelt as he glances over to her. "But I will soon enough. Right now, space is on my mind."

Bexley nods along with his words, preparing herself as he presses one last button.

"Hold on tight," Poe grins, flipping a switch.

In an instant, the ship rushed forward, and out of the quarters. Around them, the light turned to darkness, and stars flashed as they passed by. Bexley was shoved further into her seat at the rush, not having the mind to fully comprehend everything around her. But what she could see was the smile- the beautiful smile- that rested upon Poe's lips.

The smile, alone, was enough to comfort her. Bexley sat a little straighter, her eyes finally focusing on her surroundings. Outside of the ship was a world of blurring stars, flying past them like streaks of white chalk on a black canvas. It was extraordinary, and Bexley found herself staring at everything. And all too soon, Poe pressed a button that slowed them down to a normal speed.