o n e

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀—𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘦𝘥—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀
—𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘦𝘥—

     THE RECRUIT BASE was bigger than Bexley expected, even after seeing it from the outside. Poe had personally shown them around, pointing out every training room, including the library and a space where flight schooling would take place. There weren't too many recruits, she noticed, as they passed by small groups of others.

"This is the control room," Poe stops near a doorway, turning to them before he continues. "It's not real, of course, but it simulates situations you might run into while piloting a ship. Your job is to learn how to use the controls in specific conditions, in order to pass as a real pilot."

The commander leads them into the room, Bexley entering last. She moves around the boys to get a better look of the control pannels. The girl had saw them many times before from the academy, but she had yet to use any of them. Despite attending for nearly a year, she had only studied how to use them, and had yet to actually try.

"Even if you're not interested in flight school, you might want to try it. At some point in your missions, you may have to pilot a ship," Poe finishes.

"When do classes start?" Bexley speaks up, grabbing the attention of both the commander and the other recruits.

"Early tommorow morning," he replies smoothly, looking down to the blonde. "You'll be separated into groups from there, and will be handed over to the proper teacher."

Bexley nods, studying the man for a few longer moments. He didn't seem too much older than her— around three years at the most. How had he earned the title of a commander so quickly? From what she had heard, it took dedication, pure talent, and time. Surely she wouldn't be able to accomplish that in such a short amount of time.

He was definitely handsome, in a ruggish way. His hair was soft with brown waves, messy from the long day. His chocolate brown eyes were stern, but gentle. Poe had seen things, Bexley realized. Things that had— without a doubt— changed him to the person he is today.

"When do we start training?" The boy beside Bexley asks. She notices his stance; the way he held his weight suggested that he was confident. Too confident.

Bexley rolls her eyes, looking back to Poe— only to find an understanding grin on his face.

"As soon as you'd like," Poe states, his eyes still on Bexley as she tilts her head with a grin of her own. "Although it would be suitable to find a partner to spar with."

"How about you, Bexley?" The tall boy questions, crossing his arms over his chest as he looks over at her. "You're supposed to be an assassin, right? Be my partner."

Bexley's eyes widen as she turns to him. Poe looks pleasantly surprised too, as well as the other recruits that glance questioningly at the two.

"How the hell do you know my name?" Bexley furrows her eyebrows.