Golden Globes (Finn Wolfhard)

A/n: I got this idea because I noticed how anxious Finn seemed and honestly I get it. I get really anxious when I have a lot of attention on me and I know his anxiety was probably through the roof from all of the attention and just all the people.

Y/n could feel her best friend Finn sigh anxiously beside her. She was riding in a limousine with Finn on their way to The Golden Globes Red Carpet. She knew that Finn had anxiety and when he was in interviews or just at events he would get very nervous.

Especially, tonight. Today was one of the biggest events that Finn had been at. He's been at The Golden Globes before but for some reason his anxiety was more severe the second time around.

Y/n held onto his hand as they finally pulled up to the red carpet. Y/n gave Finn a reassuring smile before the limo door opened. Y/n let go of Finns hand but he grabbed it, "Are you sure?" She asked knowing that people would start speculating.

He nodded and she smiled, she got out of the limo still holding Finn's hand and immediately heard the sounds of cameras flashing. She squeezed Finn's hand to give him some reassurance as they walked over to where everyone was hanging out.

She noticed that Millie wasn't there yet as she saw Gaten, Caleb, Noah and Sadie. "Hey guys!" She exclaimed and they all turned around with smiles. "Y/n! Finn!" They exclaimed and they all hugged.

They pulled away and began to catch up. She had really missed them. She had joined the cast in Season 2 with Sadie who immediately became one of her best friend. When she joined she instantly connected with Finn it was like something was drawing them together like magnets.

Caleb noticed Finn and Y/n holding hands, "Finn, are you ok?" Caleb asked knowing perfectly well that Finn's anxiety was troubling him. (Ok, this made me so happy but also sad. In this gif you can see Caleb put his hand on Finn's shoulder and it just warms my heart how Caleb checks on him to make sure he's ok. Which made me want to write this)

 Which made me want to write this)

Finn nodded and everyone looked at him sadly

Finn nodded and everyone looked at him sadly. Then everyone was ushered over to an interview with Giuliana Rancic. Giuliana began to talk to Sadie first and then asked for a strange talent from them. Gaten did his Chewbacca impression which Y/n adored since she loved Star Wars.

As Giuliana was still asking everyone questions, Y/n could feel Finn's hand shaking as she held it. She gave it a little squeeze as if to show him it was ok.

The interview was now over and Y/n could feel everyone's eyes on Finn and her as they held hands. She saw a few cameras flash which made her blush but she didn't care. She was just trying to give her friend comfort even though she couldn't lie that she loved holding his hand.

Y/n had developed a crush on the curly haired boy and it grew each and every day. She was always there for him whenever he felt sad or just anxious. It sort of became their thing.

"Finn! Can we get a couple pictures?" Y/n heard a camera man day and motioned over to where camera men and women were taking pictures of Sadie. Sadie finished and Y/n let go of Finn's hand. He walked over to the carpet and began to pose.

"Finn!" One camera woman exclaimed and he looked her way. "Here!" Another one exclaimed, next thing you know they were shouting his name left and right making him get flustered.

Y/n noticed and walked over to him, "How about some with Finn and I?" Y/n suggested and the camera people nodded eagerly. Finn put his arm around her waist and Y/n smiled at the different cameras. Finn was looking at Y/n as she smiled and she looked over to him.

He gave her a smile and they both looked into each other eyes as the cameras still flashed. "Ok, we're good." A camera woman said and Y/n nodded.

They walked away and Finn walked behind Y/n. Y/n felt Finn grab onto her wrist and she turned around. "Are you ok?" She asked seeing his eyes filled with tears.

She quickly moved closer to him and wiped his tears before any one took a picture. "Why do you do this?" He ased sadly and she looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?" She asked and he sniffled. "Why do you do this? Why do you help me?" He questioned and she smiled. "Well, because you're my friend silly." Y/n said cringing at the use of the word friend.

Finn bit his lip and felt more tears well up in his eyes. "You don't have to worry about me, this is your first award show and I feel like I'm just a burden." He said looking down.

Y/n sighed and put both of her hands on his cheeks and made him look up at her. She could hear the cameras flashing and she could see the flash illuminating Finn's face. But she didn't care. "Finn, you're not a burden. I'm having the best time of my life. You're making it the best. Just me being here with you makes me happy." She said wiping tears that were slowly going down his cheeks.

She smiled at him and he smiled back. He pulled her into a warm hug which she gladly accepted. "Thank you, Y/n." He whispered in her ear. She pulled away from him and gave him a big smile. She moved away from him but he brought her back close to her.

"Finn? What are you doing?" She asked as he looked down at her lips and back at her eyes. "Something I've waited too long to do." He replied and placed his lips on her.

Y/n could hear the sound of gasps and some applause. She could hear Gaten and Caleb cheering along with Sadie. Their lips moved together and all of the noise soon droned out. All they thought about was each other and no one else.

Y/n pulled away and immediately her face went red. She hid her face in his chest as she saw all of the paparazzi still flashing their cameras. "Hey, it's ok. I think they're done now." Finn said and Y/n moved away from him.

"I knew it! Gaten, you owe me $15." Caleb said. Y/n and Finn turned around and saw Gaten, Caleb and Sadie with huge smiles on their face. Caleb was putting his hand out towards Gaten who was getting out his wallet. "You guys bet on us?" Finn said disapprovingly and Y/n just chuckled.

"Yea, it took you long enough. I thought Y/n would make the first move." Gaten said rolling his eyes as Caleb began to dance from getting his $15.

"What?!" Finn exclaimed and then began to argue with Gaten and Caleb. Sadie nudged Y/n playfully and Y/n smiled. They both stared at the boys as Finn looked the happiest he did that night. Y/n couldn't help but think maybe it was because of her.