Every Breath You Take (Mike Wheeler)

Y/n walked into her school gym that was now decorated in snowflakes

Y/n walked into her school gym that was now decorated in snowflakes. The banner above her read, "SnowBall". She walked over to Mr. Clarke to give him her ticket. He smiled at her, "Hey Y/n!" He said and she replied with a smile.

"Just you tonight?" He questioned as he put the ticket away. "Yea..." She said shyly which he just smiled at. "I'm sure you'll have a great time." He replied.

"Thanks Mr. Clarke." She said and then walked away from the table. She looked around at everyone dancing and felt her heart ache. She really wanted to go to this dance but, no one would go with her.

She got rejected by the guy she had a small crush on which she felt humiliated about. Plus, she didn't really have any friends. She walked over to the bleachers and sat down sadly.

She surveyed the crowd and saw her classmates laughing with one another. But, one of them was looking left out. It was Mike Wheeler. Even though he was with his friends he seemed to be upset.

He then looked up at her and she quickly looked away. She looked down at her dress and fiddled with it. When she thought it was safe she looked back up but, he was gone. She looked around for him but he was no where in sight.

"Looking for someone?" A voice made her slightly jump. She looked up and saw Mike staring back at her. He looked so adorable in his suit which brought a slight blush to her cheeks.

He sat down beside her. He was close to where their legs almost touched. "Are you here alone?" He questioned and she just nodded not being able to form words at his stare.

They both sat in silence until a slow song came on. It was so nice and Y/n could feel her body start to sway to the beat.

Mike bit his lip as he contemplated before he stood up. He put his hand out towards her, "Wanna dance?" He asked and she smiled widely. "I'd love to." She responded and placed her hand into his.

He lead her over to the dance floor and found a spot for them. He brought her hands up to his neck and he laid his hands on her waist.

Oh can't you see
You belong to me
My poor heart aches
With every step you take

Y/n felt herself blush at the lyrics. She looked into Mike's eyes and he looked into hers. She could feel the electricity going up into her from his fingers on her waist.

"You look beautiful." He murmured and she blushed. "You don't look too bad yourself." She said shyly and it was his turn to blush.

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you

Mikes eyes trailed over Y/n's face and focused onto her lips. She bit her lip and her breath was unsteady. Mike brought her closer to him and locked his lips anxiously.

She moved closer and pressed her lips against his quickly. She then placed her head into his chest as if to hide away. She could hear the sound of his heart beating rapidly. She felt his chest rumble from acute laugh he let out as his arms squeezed her.

She finally moved her face away and looked at Mike who was a shade of pink. She looked over his shoulder and could see his friends smiling with big smiles and giving her a thumbs up which made her giggle.

The song finally ended and they stopped swaying. Mike dropped his arms back to his side and she moved her arms away too. Y/n turned to go back and sit on the bleachers but Mike turned her back around.

"Stay. You can hang out with my friends and I." He said smiling and she smiled back at him. She nodded and he lead her over to his friends who were teasing him.

Dustin was pushing him playfully while Lucas grinned. Will was standing off to the side talking to some girl he just got finished dancing with.

"So, when's the wedding?" Max teased which made Y/n's eyes widen with embarrassment. "Actually, it's soon." Mike said and laced his fingers with Y/n's. Y/m blushed at the feeling of sparks going across her palm and up her arm.

"We'll mark our calendars." Dustin said which made everyone laugh. The night was probably one of Y/n's favorite memories and definitely one she would go on to tell her grandkids.