Why now? (Finn Wolfhard)

Request- urjustjealous

Summary: Finn and Y/n were childhood friends but then he changed. Finn is now known as a bully around school, along with his group of friends. Y/n gets bullied due to being nerdy and Finn just watches as his friends bully her. One day, that changes.

A/n: I changed up the request justtt a little bit, hope you don't mind.

Finn Wolfhard. Just the sound of his name made Y/n's heart break. Finn was once Y/n's best friend when they were kids but things change. He changed.

Him and his friends basically own the school. They are all bullies but Finn was more of a watcher than a fighter. He never bullied anyone but he sure as hell didn't do anything when his friends did.

Y/n was more on the nerdy side which made her a perfect target. Finn's friends would just tease her and call her awful names which shouldn't be mentioned.

Finn would always just stand idly by while she fought away the tears that welled in her eyes. She always tried to talk to him but it was no use.

He would always just tell her to leave him alone or just not respond to her entirely. It was until one day at lunch that he had finally interfered.

Y/n was sitting at lunch by herself sipping her juice when she accidentally spilled it onto the front of her uniform. She heard laughter as she cursed under her breath.

She grabbed some napkins to try and get the stain out but it was no use. She then stood up, threw her food away and made her way towards the restroom. She didn't even notice some of Finn's friends following her.

She opened the bathroom door and heard it swing shut. She grabbed some tissues and ran them under the water from the sink. She heard the door creak open and looked up to see Jake and Tristan who were two of Finn's friends.

They smiled wickedly at her and she felt her heart race as they made their way towards her. "W-what are you doing in here?" She questioned as she backed away from them at each step they took.

"Just wanted to check up on you.." Tristan smirked and Y/n felt her back hit against the wall. Tristan put a piece of her hair behind her ear and she shuddered from his touch.

"Maybe we should see what the nerd is hiding under this skirt...." He said now grabbing onto the ends of her skirt. She put her hands over his to stop him, "Please stop!" She exclaimed as he tried to pull it harder.

Jake walked over and pinned her hands against the wall, "Please, don't!!" She sobbed and then squeezed her eyes as Tristan began to slowly pull up her skirt.

Y/n heard the door creak open and Jake's hands no longer over hers. She slowly opened her eyes to then see Finn punch Tristan in the face. Jake watched in shock and Finn walked over to her.

Finn grabbed onto her hand and they both ran out of the bathroom. They ran down the hall to a door that made it outside. Finn slowed down and she snatches her hand away from him.

"Thanks for that but that doesn't change anything." She said wiping tears that had still been residing on her pink cheeks. She then sat down on one of the benches outside and he sat beside her.

"I know nothing I can say will ever change what I put you through." He comforted  and she just rolled her eyes. "All you did was ignore me and just watch as they bullied me and I just don't get it. You clearly don't care or you would have done this sooner. Why now?" She exclaimed and he felt his heart break from the sadness in her eyes.

"Why now?" She repeated and tears started to fall down her cheeks. "All I see when I look at you is all the memories we shared as kids. We had so much fun and I loved hanging out with you." He smiled and she gave him a small smile.

"Then one day, something changed in me and I decided that I didn't want to be that kid anymore." He sighed and looked down at his hands.

"I didn't want to ever remember the old Finn and whenever I look at you, that's all I see. My old self. The Finn who got bullied all the time and didn't even stick up for his friend back then and even now...." Finn swallowed nervously and she placed her hand onto his.

"But, I'd rather be that person again than not be your friend." Finn said and she smiled widely at him.

"I never knew you felt that way." She said softly and he just looked at her. "You should of told me that sooner." She said and he sniffled.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry." He said with tears welling into his chocolate brown eyes. She wiped his tears before they could fall and pulled him into a hug.

He sniffled into her shoulder and rubbed his back. "It's ok.... it's just gonna take a while for me to forgive you completely." She reassured and he nodded.

They pulled away and she began to stand up. "Now, lets go back in there and show them who really owns this school." She smirked and put her hand out to him.

He smiled up at her and grabbed her hand. Their fingers intertwined and they made their way back inside.

They didn't care that people were watching them. They only cared about each other and that was the only thing that mattered.

A/n: I feel a little iffy on this but, thanks for the request and I hope you liked it <3