Wanted You (Finn Wolfhard)

A/n: I got this idea from Calpurnia's (A band that Finn is in) cover of Wanted You by Twin Peaks. I provided the video up above since it's amazing. I accidentally uploaded this like 5 times because it wouldn't upload before for some reason so sorry about that. Also, this is in honor of their performance in New York. Wish I could've been there :(

"A bell rings as a ghost walks up beside me." Finn sang. "With a face like mine!" They all exclaimed together which made Y/n smile. Finn shook his head which made his curls bounce.

Y/n was watching her best friends cover Wanted You by Twin Peaks that was gonna go up on their YouTube channel

Y/n was watching her best friends cover Wanted You by Twin Peaks that was gonna go up on their YouTube channel. She tapped her foot along to the beat Malcolm was making with the drums.

"And tells me that I won't always be lonely." Finn sang nodding his head. Y/n stared at him admiringly seeing that he was having the time of his life.

"It just takes a little time!" They exclaimed again together. "Oh yeah." Finn said and then looked over to Y/n.

"I wanted you, but you didn't want me." Finn sang the last part with Malcolm, Jack and Ayla. Finn looked into Y/n's eyes as he sang the next line.

"Good lord, Heaven knows I'm bad with love." He sang and Y/n looked at him slightly confused. They song continued on and occasionally Finn would look at her each time he would sing those same lines.

After the cover was over, Y/n clapped and they all smiled at her. "Guys, that was great!" She exclaimed and they all thanked her. Malcom and Jack went into the other room and Ayla came up to Y/n. "You should talk to him." Ayla said gesturing over to Finn who was tuning his guitar.

Y/n bit her lip and nodded. Ayla gave Y/n a wink and then left the two of them alone in the room. Y/n sighed as she tried to think of what to say to him. "You were great." Y/n finally said even though she already complimented them.

Finn looked up and realized they were alone in the room and that she was talking to him. "Thanks." He said giving her a big smile that made her heart skip a beat. He went back to tuning his guitar and Y/n stood awkwardly.

Y/n gulped and then went to sit beside him. "I have a question." Y/n said and Finn looked up. He put his guitar on his guitar stand next to him, "Shoot." He said and she sighed.

"Either I'm just seeing things or when you were singing some of the lyrics you would look over to me...." She trailed on hoping he would talk as there was an awkward silence.

He stared at her and then looked down anxiously. "Ok, maybe I was just seeing things." Y/n said trying to laugh it off. She felt so embarrassed. He could've just been looking at her because she was the only thing to look at in the room.

"You weren't seeing things." Finn said shyly and then looked up at her. Y/n looked at him surprised, "Was it because of the lyrics or-" she started to say and he grabbed her hand.

Her heart thumped as he began to trace the lines on her palm. "I really like you, Y/n. But." He started to say and then let go of her hand. She looked down sadly wanting him to hold her  hand again.

"The song describes my feelings so well that I ended up looking at you and I'm sorry if I creeped you out." Finn said chuckling a little. "What are your feelings?" She asked and he sighed.

"I really want to be with you be with you but, I know you don't like me. Also, I feel like I wouldn't be good at love or just a good boyfriend." He replied and she bit her lip.

"You don't know until you try." She replied and his eyes widened. She grabbed the back of his neck and placed her lips on his. Finn was in shock at first but then put his hand on her cheek pulling her in closer. Y/n could feel the blood rush to her cheeks. She had never done something like that before but, the way he smiled and the way he made her feel just made her want to kiss him.

They pulled away with foreheads touching and Finn's hand still on her cheek. He rubbed her cheek softly where the blush was forming and smiled at her.

"I guess I could give it a try. But, I need more convincing." He said smirking at her and she chuckled. She placed her lips back on his with a smile. She ran her fingers through his soft curls and he sighed. Ever since that day, Finn would always sing that song to her and tell her that song had a whole new meaning to him.