Chapter 3.

I was running late for school the next morning. Since I had fallen asleep immediately when I returned back home yesterday, I forgot to set my alarm for today. The clock was already 8am when I woke up and when I finally had got dressed in something that wasn't just my boxers,  the clock was 8:30am and my first class had already begun. Breakfast wasn't even on my mind when I ran down the stairs and continued out through the front door. I'm not a good runner, but when it comes to run to things as school or the buss, it's like nothing can stop me. When I finally arrived at the huge building, I stopped outside the doors to catch my breath and get rid of the feeling that I was about to suffocate from the lack of air in my lungs. Seconds later, when I could breathe properly again, I walked in through the doors and continued until I reached my locker and as I opened it, a note was the first thing that I noticed. The note was laying on top of my math book and believe me when I'm saying this, it wasn't a love note from some creepy mysterious admirer.
"You should kill yourself"
Was written with black letters, but I wasn't surprised. This isn't the first note that I have gotten that looks something like this. I crumpled up the note and threw it in the closest trash can. Before I continued walking once again to the classroom where my first class was supposed to be, I took out my philosophy book and closed my locker. As I finally reached the classroom, I took a deep breath and opened the door. Guess what? Everyone was looking at me with irritated eyes, like I just had said something completely idiotic.
- I'm sorry that I'm late, I said when I quickly passed my teacher
There was only one table with two chairs left that was empty in the back of the classroom. Without making too much unnecessary sounds, I carefully sat down and hung my back pack on the back of the chair. I could feel that a lot of the other students were still staring at me, but their attention changed from me to the the front of the classroom as the door flew open once again. Guess who also decided to be late today? That's right, Magnus Bane. He looked even more beautiful today than usually, if that's even possible, with his messy hair and stunning clothes. Magnus walked past our teacher and excused himself for being late, just like I had done, and he started walking towards the back of the classroom. That's when I realised that the only empty chair was the chair beside me. I felt how my heart started beating faster and as Magnus reached me, he sat down on the chair and didn't even look at me. Why am I not surprised? The guy hates me more than anything. If Magnus would be stuck in a room with Hitler, Stalin and me and he would have one gun with three bullets, he would shoot me trice without thinking.
- Mr. Bane, Mr. Lightwood, I'll see you both in detention after school. Have I made myself clear? Our teacher Mr. Garroway, asked and looked in the direction where the two of us sat beside each other
- Yes sir, Magnus answered with his ordinary cocky voice
Great, now I have to sit in detention for one hour with one of my bullies. I bet Magnus was the one who left that stupid note in my locker earlier today. That's the only explanation why he was late too. The lesson continued on after Mr. Garroway had punished the both of us and when the bell finally rang, I quickly left the classroom and walked/ran back to my locker where to my surprise, Simon was waiting for me.
- Hey, he said and smiled
- Hi, I answered and tried to give him a smile in return, but I guess I didn't succeed because suddenly Simon looked at me with worried
- Is something wrong? He asked
- I got detention
- What? Dude, that sucks
- Even worse, Magnus Bane is going to be there with me, I said
- Wow, that is even worse. I wish that I could be there with you, but I can't afford getting in trouble again, Simon said and frowned
- Don't worry, Simon. I'll manage to survive it somehow, I answered
- That's good to hear. Anyways, are you ready for math? Simon asked and the smile was back on his lips
- What do you think? I answered
I was happy that Simon was back in school today, especially since it meant that I didn't have to eat alone. I tried to stay positive and all that shit, but when the last bell rang, telling everyone that school was over for the day, if felt like I was going to start crying any minute. I wasn't ready for detention and I was definitely not ready for attention with Magnus Bane. I didn't care at all to walk fast enough so I arrived in time to the classroom where the detention was going to be so when I finally had opened the door, Mr. Garroway looked at me with a extremely angry facial expression.
- Late again Mr. Lightwood. Don't you own a clock? He asked and I could hear that he was furious
Instead of answering, I turned my attention towards all the chairs and saw how Magnus already was sitting there with a smirk on his lips. Since I was too scared to sit close to someone that enjoys bullying me, I sat down on a chair in the other end of the classroom. At first, I could feel how Magnus gaze burned a while in my body, but after a while, he started paying attention to something else that wasn't me.
- I have to go and help one of my colleagues. Don't go anywhere and stay quiet, Mr. Garroway said when he had hung up his phone that suddenly had started ringing
- Mhm, I whispered in response
Mr. Garroway left the classroom and I immediately felt how Magnus gaze was back on my body. My mind was screaming not to look at him, but it was like my body wasn't listening. I turned my attention towards him and saw that the smirk was back on his beautiful lips that I would love to kiss more than anything.
- What? I asked and tried to keep my voice as steady as possible
- What are you doing here? Magnus answered and continued smirking
- It's detention. I'm here for the same reason as you, I answered
- No, I mean what are you doing here? At this school? Haven't you noticed that no one likes you? Magnus asked and laughed
His words brought tears to my eyes and before I knew it, I couldn't stop them from escaping my eyes and running down my cheeks.
- Fuck you, I whispered
- What did you say? Magnus almost screamed which made me flinch
I could tell that he was furious, but just as he was about to stand up and probably kill me, the door opened again and Mr. Garroway came walking back into the classroom.
- I'm glad to announce that the two of you are going to work together with the project that I told the class about today when no one of you cared enough to arrive in time
- Are you kidding me? Do I have to work with this loser? Magnus asked with an angry voice
- I don't tolerate that kind of language, Mr. Bane. You will work on this project with Mr. Lightwood and if you don't get an A, you can forget your stupid position as the captain of the soccer team
As Magnus didn't answer, I threw a quick look towards his direction and saw how he sat there with what looked like a worried face. I'm actually surprised. I didn't think that Magnus Bane cared about anything, but apparently he do.
- You guys are done here, but I don't want to ever see you at detention again. Have I made myself clear? Mr. Garroway asked
- Yes, both me and Magnus answered at the same time
I quickly stood up from the chair I was sitting on and left the classroom before Magnus even had the chance to realise what was happening. The school stood empty and when I had picked up my jacket from my locker, I started walking home. Great, now I have tomorrow to look forward to. Magnus is probably going to kill me while we're working on this stupid project together. God, why did I have to be late for school?

// TBC \\

Hey guys❤️ What do you think about this story so far? It would mean the world to me if you could leave a comment😇

STAY AWESOME

-Mathilda