Chapter 9.

- How are you feeling?
I sat on my bed and stared into the wall. Izzy sat beside me and looked at me with a worried facial expression. Earlier today, I had finally gotten discharged from the hospital. It's been a week since I ended up there because of the lack of blood in my body and honestly, I don't think I ever have been this happy to be back home again.
- I honestly don't know, I answered and felt how the very first tear made its way down my pale cheek
- Promise me that you'll tell me if things ever get that bad again. I'm serious, I can't lose you, Izzy said
- It wasn't supposed to go that far. Izzy, I didn't know that the cut was that deep. I don't want to kill myself. That wasn't what I intended
- Alec, calm down. We can't change the fact that it happened, but that doesn't stop us from changing the future. This time, I'm going to stand by your side through it all
- I want to be normal, I whispered
I felt how Izzy pulled me in for a hug and before I knew it, I was sobbing into her neck. There's nothing I want more in life than happiness. I want to be able to laugh around with other teenagers, but instead I cry myself to sleep every damn night.
- You are extremely normal, Alec. Don't you dare say something else
We sat there for a long time, embracing each other. Izzy didn't let go of me and her grip surely didn't get any less light, but I wasn't complaining. It actually felt wonderful to know that she cared about me as much as she did.
- The doctors called after you had returned back home, Izzy said after a while of comfortable silence
- Yeah? I asked
- They have put you on a list for suicidal teenagers. It's a way for the doctors to keep an eye on their patients and make sure that they don't do anything stupid
- Wonderful, I said with a sarcastic tone and rolled my eyes without really thinking about it
- It gets better, Izzy said and I could hear on her voice that what she was about to say wasn't good
- How?
- They agreed that you should go to a support group once a week
- A support group? Are you serious? Did mum and dad agree on this? I asked and felt pretty betrayed
- It was their idea, Izzy whispered
- Great, now everyone is going to fucking know that I'm a depressed mess who can't even make sure that I survive on my own
- Alec, don't say that. Maybe this support group will be good for you. They'll understand you in a way that we can't, Izzy answered
- You don't understand. I can't go to support meetings, Izzy. It will only give me more anxiety than I already have, I said and felt how the lump in my stomach only grew bigger
- Please, give it a chance
- Fine, I sighed
Izzy left me alone shortly after, claiming that I needed to rest, but she would be back faster than the speed of lightning if I needed something. At first I tried to fall asleep, but when that didn't work, I plugged in my earplugs and started to listen to some music. It felt nice to know that I wouldn't have to go to school tomorrow either, but I was worried that Magnus would kill me if I left him alone with our project. He and the other bullies has probably left over a hundred of notes in my locker, saying that I don't deserve to live and that I should just kill myself. Somehow, I was still curious why Magnus hadn't been at school the day I got sent to the hospital. I decided to text Simon and see if he had some interesting school gossip to tell me about.
"Hey. I just wonder if you have seen Magnus anything in school and if you might know if he has started working on our project?☹️"
When I had sent the text message to Simon, I decided to take a shower since I hadn't done that since the day I ended up at the stupid hospital. I walked into the bathroom where I undressed myself and stepped into the shower. The hot water felt good on my cold body and to my surprise, the wound on my arm didn't hurt at all. I guess it's because they doctors put stitches on it and made sure that it wouldn't cause me more pain. When I returned back from the bathroom and checked my phone, I saw that Simon had answered on my text.
"Magnus hasn't been at school since the day you and him went to grab a coffee afterwards😟"
His answer didn't really made my curiosity disappear, quit the opposite actually. Why hasn't Magnus been in school since the last time I saw him? Is he ditching to be with Camille? I decided to send one more text message to Simon and ask if he new something.
"What about Camille? Has she been at school this week or are they ditching together?🧐"
It didn't take that long until Simon answered, but I wasn't surprised. He usually just sits with his phone for hours without doing anything else. He's a little bit of a techno nerd.
"No, she has been here the whole week. Trust me, she's hard to miss. Always so damn loud🤣"
Okay, now I'm really curious. What the hell is going on with the most popular guy in school? Wait, why do I even care? Oh that's right. I have a stupid crush on him even if he's w total douche towards me.
"Hey Alec, can I ask you something? It's pretty important🙈"
I looked down on my phone when it vibrated in my hand and saw that Simon had sent one more message.
"Of course, what is it?☹️"
Guess what? Simon answered almost immediately which meant that I didn't even get the chance to lay down on my bed before it suddenly vibrated once again.
"Izzy told me about what happened to you. I want you to know that I care about you and no matter what happens, I'll always be here for you. You're my best friend❤️"
His message almost brought tears to my eyes. We have never really confirmed in what level we are on as friends, but it felt amazing to know that he saw me as his best friend.
"Thank you❤️"
I turned off my phone when I had sent the last message and thereafter, I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes. It took more power that I realised to be active and before I knew it, I had fallen into a deep comforting sleep    // TBC \\