Chapter 17.

I saw sitting on the school bus with Jace by my side. It was my first day back at school after my nearly death experience where I almost died from the lack of blood in my body and I won't lie, I was extremely nervous. It took a lot of my powers to get out of my bed this morning but when I was dressed and ready to go, it actually felt pretty good. For the first time since my accident, I felt like a normal teenager that goes to school and studies with friends afterwards.
- Are you sure about this?
There was a worried tone in Jace's voice and even though I wasn't facing him, I could tell that he has a concerned facial expression.
- Positive, I answered
We sat quietly for the rest of the bus ride and when we finally arrived at the enormous building, I took a deep breath and quickly walked after Jace through the entrance doors.
- I really need to go to my first class but if anything happens, I want you to call me immediately, Jace said
- I promise
Jace gave me a quick hug and thereafter, he walked away towards the other side of the school where he had his first class of the day. I on the other hand walked over to my locker since my first class didn't start for at least twenty more minutes. As I opened the door to my locker, a small note fell down and landed on the floor in front of my feet. I bent down and picked the note up and as my eyes came across the black letters, I felt how the lump in my throat started to grow bigger and bigger by ever second that passed.
"Welcome back, loser. It's a fucking miracle that you're still alive"
This was definitely not the first note that I had revived and I would bet my life on that it wasn't the last one, but it still hurt like crazy. I would take a wild guess and say that the lovely note probably was from Raphael Santiago or someone else from their idiotic gang of misfits.
- Hello there, Alexander
The familiar voice made me break out of my trance and as I turned around, I stood face to face with a stunning Magnus Bane. He was wearing a pair of black leather pants and dark red silk shirt that made his muscles look even more perfect.
- Hi, I answered and flashed him a quick smile while I at the same time felt how I blushed like a maniac
- What's that? Magnus asked and looked at the note that I was still holding in my shaking hands
- Nothing, I stuttered
I tried to hide the note in one of my pockets but before I knew it, Magnus had taken it from me and started at it with a chocked face.
- What the hell? He asked and by the stern tone on his voice, I could tell that he was absolutely furious
- Can I have the note back? I asked and didn't dare to look him in the eye, afraid that he would judge me
- Alexander, do you know who this note is from? Magnus said instead of answering my question
- Probably from Raphael Santiago. He's an expert on making me suffer every damn day, I answered
- That's it, I'll talk to him. There's no way in hell that I'm going to let him continue treating you like this
- Magnus, you don't have to do that for me. I'm fine, don't worry
- You're not fine, Alexander. Please, let me do this for you. This is my chance to truly make things right between us, Magnus said and looked at me with his adorable puppy eyes
- At least promise me that you won't make a scene, I answered
- Fine, I promise that I won't make a scene, at least not too big
- You're seriously impossible, I sighed and let out a quiet chuckle
Magnus winked at me and thereafter, he walked away, claiming that he had soccer practice in a couple of minutes. I won't lie, it felt strange that Magnus actually talked to me while we were in school, but I could definitely get used to it. Having him talking to me is a lot better than having him throwing nasty words at me while he has that stupid smirk on his lips that I love so much. Magnus actually came over to my house again yesterday just like he had asked over text message. We worked on our project for a while and when we couldn't concentrate anymore, we decided to watch a movie together in the living room. Magnus still felt insecure about walking around in my house with my whole family home, mostly because everyone knew about how he used to treat me, but no one seemed to mind. Izzy joined us only after a couple of minutes after we had started watching the movie, claiming that it was her favourite. Jace has been suspicious at first, but when he noticed how comfortable Magnus and I had gotten in the presence of each other, he stopped giving Magnus death glares and decided that he had better things to do. Magnus even stayed over for dinner with my whole family and when he finally left, the clock was almost 11pm. The loud school bell was what broke me out of my thoughts and before I knew it, I was sitting in my first class with Simon pressed against my left side. I guess that he was happy that I was back in school because honestly, he wouldn't stop smiling at me. We didn't talk much about what had happened to me, but Simon insisted that he would help me with anything and no matter what, he would always be there for me. When it finally was time for lunch, me and Simon met up with Jace, Izzy and Jace's girlfriend, Clary. Izzy usually sat with us even though she was three years younger than all of us, but no one seemed to mind. Izzy is a very mature person and sometimes, I actually forget that she's three years younger than me. I looked all over the cafeteria, trying to spot Magnus in the crowd of people, but he was no where to be seen. Camille though, she wasn't hard to spot. She was sitting at her ordinary table in the middle of the room with the rest of the popular boys and girls. An arm that belonged to Ragnor was thrown over shoulders and from time to time, their lips met in a disgusting kiss. The whole event made me want to throw up my guys. How could Camille date someone as hot as Magnus and then continue on to someone as Ragnor? Come on, Magnus is a freaking adonis compared to this little wannabe Justin Bieber. No one of the popular guys seemed to notice that their leader was missing, but from what I have heard from Jace and Izzy when I have been home from school, no one of his chihuahuas seems to care enough about him anymore. I started to get a little bit worried so I took up my phone from my pocket and decided to text Magnus.
"Where are you? It's Taco Tuesday and there won't be any food left if you don't hurry up -Alec"
I put my phone away and continued to eat, but only seconds later I felt it it vibrated from my front pocket.
"Won't be able to make it. I talked to Raphael during our soccer training and he decided to be a bitch and punch me, which means that I now have to attend detention -Magnus"
I guess that I sighed a little bit too loud because when I looked up from my phone, everyone around the table was looking at me with different facial expressions.
- Are you okay? Izzy asked
- Yeah, I answered and tried my hardest to fake a convincing smile
- Have you talked to Magnus today? Jace asked and looked at me
- He has detention
- Again? Wow, you truly are in love with a trouble maker, Simon said with a playful smirk on his lips
- Simon, I stuttered and felt how my whole face turned blood red
- Why does he have detention? Was he late for class again or something? Clary asked and laughed
I can't really say that I'm a huge fan of Clary, but she's alright. She can be a little bit annoying sometimes but for some reason, Jace still loves her.
- He didn't exactly tell me why, but I would take a wild guess and say that it has something to do with the fact that Raphael punched him, I said
- Raphael Santiago? I thought they were best friends? Simon asked
- Magnus did it because he wanted to protect me, I answered and felt how I blushed even more
- What? Jace asked
- Raphael left a note in my locker this morning and when Magnus saw it, he promised that he would talk to Raphael about it and make him stop
- What did the not say? Izzy said
- That's not important, I answered
- Well, I truly hoped Magnus punched that bitch back or I'll surely do it, Jace said and smirked at me
- You wouldn't dare, Clary whispered under her breath which made all of us start laughing hysterically, me included
When our lunch break was over, all of us continued on with our classes and before I knew it, School was over for the day. I actually felt extremely proud over myself that I had survived a whole day without breaking down completely and for the first time in forever, I was excited to return back to school the next day. Well, I was excited to return back to school the next day and meet Magnus.

// TBC \\

Q: Do you guys like this book so far? Comment ❤️