Chapter 66.

Magnus's doctor came back a couple of hours later, saying that we should return home and get some sleep and come back tomorrow again. I did not agree at all, but the rest of my family had already made up their minds. It wasn't easy to leave Magnus's side at all, but I knew that he would still lay in the exact same bed tomorrow and for some reason, that made me feel a lot calmer. I pressed one last kiss on his lips and smiled slightly to myself.
When we had left the hospital, we all climbed into mothers car that would bring us all back home. The ride was silent and I could tell that no one felt like talking about everything that we had been through today. All of us are pretty much in shock after the things that we got to know today and I can't believe that Magnus is very hurt and passed out at the hospital because of his stepfather that beat him up badly and caused him head trauma + a few broken ribs along with some bruises.
- Are you okay? Izzy suddenly asked and looked at me with 2 painful eyes
- Not really, I said and sighed loudly
Instead of responding, Izzy took my and lightly squeezed it. I understood that she tried to make me feel better about the whole situation, but I still felt too powerless to smile. The love of my life was at the hospital and all
I wanted was to be with him again. I can't describe with words how much pain I'm feeling at the very moment and like I have said before, I'll never forgive myself for letting something like this happen to Magnus. I should never have let him return back to his abusive stepfather the day his stupid soccer game had ended. I sighed out loud and felt how more tears started to escape my eyes once again. It was not until I was back in my room that
I let myself become a sobbing mess without having to worry about being judged. I got undressed quickly and laid down on my bed. I kept my own phone close just in case someone at the hospital would suddenly call and inform me about Magnus's health. I won't lie, I felt exhausted and it took me about four minutes to fall asleep. All the hysterical sobbing had made me exhausted and it felt amazing to fall into unconsciousness and escape all the pain I was feeling. I slept the whole night and when I finally woke up, I felt slightly better. I dressed in some new clothes and then I walked down the stairs into the kitchen. My mother was sitting around the table and when she saw me, she stood up and pulled me in for a loving hug. I won't lie, it felt amazing to have my mother by my side all the time and I honestly don't think I would be able to go through this without her. I sat down around the table and and only seconds later, mother placed a plate in front of me with a lot of food on it.
- Eat, she said and kissed my cheeks
I nodded mostly to myself and as I started eating, mother left the room for a while and when she came back,
I could see a little smile on her lips.
- What is it? I said and looked at her
- They hospital called, she answered
- What did they say? I asked and felt how my heart started beating faster
- Magnus is awake     

// TBC \\