Chapter 10.

I leaned my head against the window in my mother's car and watched the landscape pass by. We had been driving for almost 20 minutes and unfortunately, our destination was the support group that the doctors as well as my parents had decided that I had to pay a little visit to once a week. What a nightmare, am I right?
- I'm proud over you, Alec. This support group is a big step and I'm happy that you're giving it a chance
A threw a quick look at my mum and saw how she has a little smile on his lips. Well, I guess it's pretty good that at least one of us are happy.
- It's not like I really had a choice
I kept my voice low so my mum wouldn't hear me. My goal at the moment isn't to make her even more disappointed than she already is. That would be very unnecessary. Honestly, I haven't really talked to either of my parents about what happened and why I really ended up at the hospital. Well, my dad refuses to look me in the eye and every time I approach him, he turns around and walks the other way. I might as well come clear and say that he hates me more than words can ever explain and if he could, he would probably go back in time and make sure that I never was born. Well, what can I say? It could have been worse. I mean, he could actually know the truth about my sexuality. Jace and Izzy are the only ones who knows that I'm gay, except for everyone in school that loves to bully me for it, and we're going to keep it that way. My mother isn't like him though and I guess that I'm really thankful for that. We haven't really talked about what happened either, but she told me that if I ever needed someone to talk to, she would be there for me. Yeah, I call that bullshit. Seriously, she hasn't been there for me since the day I was born so why the hell would a unplanned suicide attempt change that? I don't think so.
- Promise me that you'll try to make some new friends today, my mother said after a while of silence
- Yeah, I answered and sighed
Is she out of her mind? Making friends is the last thing I want to do. Everyone there is probably going to be anti social losers who stutters when they order a fucking pizza. Wait, I just described myself. Forget what I said and let us all just move on with our lives. I threw a quick look at the GPS and saw that we were almost there. I felt how my heart started to beat faster and even though I knew that I looked more than okay, I had to check my face once again in the selfie camera on my phone. My raven black hair was pretty messy, but I'm not really surprised. My only option if I don't want my hair messy, is to shave it off and pretend like it never was there. I had fainted dark circles under my eyes and the bruise that Raphael Santiago gave me a few days ago was still visible on my jaw. It didn't hurt anymore which was a good sign because then I knew that it was healing like it should. My clothes were mostly black, or who am I kidding? My clothes were only black. Seriously, take a look in my wardrobe and you would get extremely surprised if you saw something there that isn't black.
- We are here, my mother suddenly said and that's when I realised that the car had stopped moving
- Oh god, I whispered and felt how my breathing started to hitch
- Hey, take it easy. Everything is going to be fine and if something happens, remember than you can call me and I'll pick you up
- Promise? I asked and looked at her with tears in my eyes
- Of course, my mother answered and placed a kiss on my cheek
I stepped out of the car and started walking towards the front door. My legs were shaking a bit and as I opened the door, I could feel how my hands had gotten sweaty. As I entered the building, a lady immediately saw me and started walking towards my direction with a smile on her face.
- Hey, are you here for the support group meeting? She asked and the smile didn't leave her lips
- Yeah, I stuttered
- Can you tell me your name so I can register you in the system?
- Alec Lightwood
- Perfect. Follow me, Mr. Lightwood, she said and started walking
I followed her like a confused puppy, but I didn't dare to take my gaze off the floor. Which lead to the fact that when she suddenly stopped walking, I almost walked straight into her.
- This is the room where the meetings take place. I hope you'll feel safe here and if you have any questions, feel free to come and talk to me, she said and smiled
- You're not going to be at the meeting? I asked and felt how my heart starter beating faster again
Fine, she wasn't someone that I would trust my life with, but she seemed like a nice person who wouldn't judge me for everything wrong I have done in my life.
- Unfortunately no, she answered
- Okay, I whispered
The girl walked away only seconds later and I was left alone. In front of me was one more door and I knew that on the other side, hell would break lose. I took one last breath and thereafter, I opened the door. At first, all I could see was a lot of people, but then my eyes came across someone that I recognised.
- Magnus? // TBC \\

Q: Do you guys like this book? I'm very proud over it but if you don't like it, I'll stop😂