Chapter 26.

I felt a heavy weight on my chest when I woke up the next morning that somehow made it a little bit harder to breathe. I slowly opened my eyes, trying to get used to the sunlight that sneaked into the bedroom through the window and when I finally could focus my gaze, I saw how Alexander was still sleeping peacefully with his head on chest. His beautiful raven hair was a mess and cute snores escaped from his pink lips that I would like to kiss more than anything else. Honestly, I still can't believe that Alec actually came to my apartment yesterday and saved me from my psychopathic stepfather. I won't lie, this is obviously not the first time that Alexander and I have been sleeping in the same bed, but it was a long time ago since we did it. It's pretty hilarious because I surely doesn't remember that Alec was someone who liked to cuddle, but I'm not really complaining. God, why can't I wake up to this beautiful sight everyday? I have never really realised how beautiful Alec actually is, mostly because I have been too busy with complementing Camille and making sure that she stays with me, but Alec truly is a work of art with his blue eyes and raven black hair. Dammit, I shouldn't even having these thoughts. Alexander is straight, right? I mean, how can a person like that not be straight? There must be at least a hundred different girls running after him every damn day. On the other hand, I have never really seen Alec talk to any girl in school other than Isabelle and then of course Maia Roberts and Clary Fairchild who are close friends to Jace and Alec. Well, I don't blame him. The girls at our school can be assholes sometimes and Alec is a very self conscious person. Growing up with mental illnesses like depression and anxiety must have been very hard for him and I wouldn't be so surprised if it affected his way to see himself.
- Magnus?
The newly awoken voice of Alexander made me break out of my trance and when I looked down at him where he laid with his head still on my chest, I saw how his eyes were slowly trying to adjust to the light.
- Good morning, I whispered and flashed him a quick smile
- Have I been sleeping on you the whole night? God, I'm so sorry
Alec's voice sounded worried and before I got the chance to answer him, he quickly sat up in the bed and moved away a bit so our bodies weren't pressed against each other's.
- Hey, don't worry about it. I'm happy that you were able to sleep and honestly, I don't remember that you're the one to cuddle, I answered and let out a little laugh
- That's because I'm not, Alec said and I could see how he blushed
- Sure, I said and smirked
We stayed in bed for a little longer, just talking about nothing special. No one of us wanted to go to school today after everything that happened yesterday so Alec's mother, Maryse, she called the school and told them that the two of us would stay home today. Since everyone else in Alec's family had left and we were all alone in the house, we walked down to the kitchen after a while and started cooking breakfast together. I have always been a number one star in the kitchen and I do recall remembering that Alec isn't that bad in the kitchen either, at least not as bad as Isabelle. The headmaster at our school had to evacuate the whole building once because our dear Izzy had home economics class and set the whole kitchen on fire.
- This is really good, Alec said when we say around the kitchen table
- Belgian Waffles, you're favourite, I answered and smiled once again
- You remember? He asked and looked at me with wide eyes
- Of course
We continued to eat in silence and when we were done, we decided to watch a movie so we walked into the living room and sat down beside each other on the couch.
- What do you want to watch? Alec asked and took the remote control and opened up Netflix
- It doesn't matter, I answered
- Really? Fine, then horror movie it is. Prepare yourself, Mr. Bane
- Kinky, I whispered in hope that Alec truly wouldn't hear me but since he didn't give me any kind of response, I would take a wild guess and say that he actually didn't hear what I just said
The movie was really good but of course, it was a horror movie which means that it was moments when it was terrifying. To my surprise, Alec was a lot braver than me so when it felt like I was going to shit myself, he put his arms around my shoulders. At first, I felt how his whole body was stiff but when I relaxed against his chest, I felt how he slowly started to relax a lot more too. I tried to keep myself together and tell my brain that it was a heat of the moment thing, but I couldn't help thinking that Alec actually liked me more than just friends.
- Alec, can I ask you something?

// TBC \\

Q: What are Magnus going to ask and give will Alec react?