Chapter 7.

I woke up with a warm feeling in my heart the next morning. Everything that happened between me and Izzy yesterday truly proved that there actually is someone out there who actually cares about me. The two of us had talked until 3am and even though we should have been asleep hours ago, no one of us wanted leave the other alone. The whole thing ended with Izzy sleeping beside me in my bed and when the morning came, we walked together to school. I won't lie, it felt amazing to finally have someone in my family that didn't get embarrassed by being seen with me. Izzy has even insisted that she would follow me to my locker so no one would try anything, like beating me up for example.
- Are you sure that you'll be okay? Izzy asked when we stood outside my classroom where I was going to have my first lesson of the day
- Positive, I answered and gave her one of my famous fake smiles
- Call me if anything happens and don't even think about sitting alone at lunch. I will sit with you
- Thank you, I said
Izzy gave me one last hug before she walked away. When I no longer could see her anymore, I took a deep breathe and opened the door to the classroom. To my surprise, Magnus was nowhere to be seen. I took my ordinary place at the back of the classroom and thought nothing more of it. He was probably late again for some uninteresting reason that I couldn't care less about. Mr. Garroway arrived shortly after and I was sure that he was going to make a sassy comment about Magnus laziness but when he didn't even mention it, I knew that something was wrong. The time passed by and when the bell finally rang, I had come up with a perfect idea for our project. I stood up from the chair I was sitting on and started walking towards the door but just as I was about to open it and leave, someone grabbed my arm in a tight grip.
- How did it go yesterday?
I turned around and met eyes with Mr. Garroway. His eyes sparkled with hope but I knew what I was about to say would disappoint him.
- He was being an idiot so I left after about 5 minutes, I answered
- I thought I told you to give him a chance? Is it too much to ask for? Mr. Garroway asked
- Yes, I answered
Before Mr. Garroway got the chance to give me a punishment, I left the classroom and started walking towards my locker. Simon was already there waiting for me as usual and to my surprise, Izzy had kept her word because she was standing next to him, smiling as a cane closer.
- How did your class go? Did Magnus murder you? Simon asked and let out a quiet chuckle
- He wasn't here, I answered
- Wow, what a surprise. He's probably ditching school so he can screw around with that bitchy girlfriend of his, Izzy said
- I couldn't have said it better myself, Simon answered and smiled
The tree of us walked together into the cafeteria and sat down beside each other at a table. There was people everywhere and I actually expected to see Magnus sitting with the other popular students. The thought of him skipping the first class because he didn't want to work on this stupid project with me didn't leave my mind, but when Magnus was nowhere to be seen, I realised that he probably was skipping the whole day and it wasn't because of me. Camille though. She was laughing around with Raphael and the other popular idiots that likes to make my life a living hell. She didn't even seem upset that her lovely boyfriend was no where to be seen.
- I guess we were wrong and that Mr. Lover boy isn't screwing his girlfriend, Simon said and nodded towards the table where they sat
- Do you guys think something have happened to him? I asked
- I'm sorry, but why do you care? Isn't he one of those who bullies you? Izzy asked and looked at me with a concerned facial expression
- Yeah, you're right
The day continued on pretty much like this and when the last bell for the day finally rang, signalling that school was over, I almost screamed out in happiness. Izzy was waiting for me at the parking lot and together, we walked back home.
- I seriously think that you should talk to Jace, Izzy suddenly said
- Why? I stuttered
- If you talk to him, maybe he'll understand and stop treating you like air. I mean, you told me everything that you have been through and I didn't push you away. No, I realised what a shitty sibling I have been and I apologised. Jace should really do the same
- He's going to hate me, I whispered
- No, he's not going to hate you. No matter what happens, we'll always be a family and family doesn't leave anyone behind, Izzy answered
- I'll think about it, I said and sighed
When the two of us finally reached our house, I walked up to my room and threw myself down on my bed. My head felt like a god damn battlefield and I couldn't decide which side I was going to follow. Somehow, I really wanted to open up to Jace and tell him everything. We used to be so close when were kids and I miss him like crazy, but what if he hates me? I mean, what if he finds out that I'm a depressed mess who also is gay? No, I can't tell him. Max and Izzy are different. They don't care about my sexuality and I know that no matter what happens, they'll always support me. Jace isn't like that. He has always been a good little solider that does everything mum and dad wants him to do. He has never really complained about anything and besides, he's straight. What more can a parent ask for? He has been together with a girl name Clary for a long time now and I won't lie, they are really cute together. I actually got a little surprise when I got to know that my teacher, Mr. Garroway, is Clary's stepfather, but those few times that I have met her, we never mentioned that. My body was still hurting a little bit from my last archery season, so I decided to take a hot shower and calm my nerves. I walked into the bathroom and made sure to lock the door. When I had taken off all of my clothes, I stepped into the shower and turned on the water, but when I suddenly felt a stingy pain from my left arm, I flinched away from the running water. I looked down on my wrist and saw that the wound from yesterday had opened up and the blood was dripping down on the floor. I quickly left the shower and wrapped a towel around my naked waste. Before I knew it, I started to feel dizzy and that's when I realised that I had lost too much blood. I hadn't noticed how deep the cut actually was until now. I tried to take a grip on the sink with my other hand, but both of my legs gave up under the weight of my body.
- Izzy, I screamed
The next thing I knew, I was laying on the floor and seconds later, everything was pitch black.

// TBC \\