Apocalypse

Don't be a silent reader, vote and tell me what you think!

American Rejects - Move Along

I wasn't even able to let the shock of literally watching the most prized possession in the world of Terra be ripped off its foundation wash over me.

No, because instead I was thrown to the ground, rolling until a tree caught me. If I thought the rain shooting down was bad before, it got even worse after that. Instead of just painful stings, the rain became blinding blasts.

On wobbly hands, I pushed myself up into a crouching position. Water settled on the grass in large puddles because of the amount that was falling to the ground in such a short amount of time. I had just managed to push myself to my feet by using the tree for leverage when what sounded like an explosion permeated over the screaming of people.

I cupped my ears letting out a squeal and wincing from the thunderous sound. Through squinted eyes I looked up into the darkened heavens to see large clouds of smoke coming from the distant sky.

Volcano?

The Dynoat was now calmly stepping down the stairs like he owned the fucking place. I charged at him realizing with each step the ground was no longer steady. The entire ground had a lean to it like Terra's axis had really been tilted. So instead of me running like an athlete star straight and forward, I was running almost sideways like an unsteady drunk.

The ground suddenly shook with an ominous roar, and I went down along with the Dynoat in my vision. My face went face first into a murky, muddy pool of water, and I came back up gasping for air. Wet hair hung in my face, and I was pretty sure I had swallowed a mouthful of that water, but even then my attention stayed on our most prized possession.

The orb dropped from his hands and another explosion that sounded like a volcano eruption roared through the air.

I hit the ground once again and my head took the full impact.

All at once, my body stilled as my head ricocheted off the ground.

What felt like hours, but was probably only a couple seconds I began to slowly push myself. Vision wavering and seeing two of everything, I stilled.

For a moment, all my senses blurred and all I could focus on was the environmental catastrophe happening around me like it was in slow motion.

The ground was rumbling like at any minute it would open up and devour us all. Terrified, anguished filled screams of hundreds echoed through the air along with the heavy sound of rain pelting us all in its furious glory. Black smoke darkened the already ominous tar colored sky. Even though it was frightening, the sight nearly took my breath away in awe.

I remember one of my teachers here explaining how if one of the pure elements of the Four Heavens of Selene was ever threatened then mother nature would go haywire because these elements were  what kept the world on its equilibrium.

I realized then, at that moment, that a teacher had never been so right before, because at that very moment, I wasn't just looking at a catastrophe, I was looking at an apocalypse.

The Dynoat begin to get up and quickly run, wobble, to the black platforms on the ground. I realized his intentions when I noticed the black straps attached to the ship. With even more alarm, I pushed myself up and began running as fast as a girl could with a soaked dress that felt like it weighed a ton. I knew that if that creature made it to those platforms, Terra was doomed.

The Dynoat had just made it onto the platform when I reached him. Without a moment to waste, I jumped on him like an avenging angel. Wrapping my legs around his waist and arms around his neck, I snarled at him tightening my hold around his neck. "You thought you could get rid of me that fast! I don't think so!"