His Last Straw

Don't be a silent reader. Vote and tell me what you think!

Song: Halsey - Castle

Everything was tense as Ibin and I stood in the room facing Zeddicus at the entrance. My mind was ringing with Zeddicus' words. He had killed his father, yet my worry was more on the way Zeddicus' chilling attention was situated on the creature behind me.

"I could have sworn I told you this place was not okay for her to go to." Yup, Zeddicus was out for blood.

Not even a second after I thought that, Zeddicus' storming in our direction. I reacted without thinking and stepped in front of Ibin.

"Don't hurt him! He was just trying to help. If you're going to hurt someone at least pick on someone your size...or the closest to it." I corrected noting how much bigger he was in comparison to me.

"Move Avril." Zeddicus seethed, the hard muscles under the deep red fabric of his outfit tensing. "He has disobeyed me and will receive punishment."

"I will receive his punishment." Eyes narrowed at him, letting him know that the only way I would be moved would be if he removed me myself. And even when he tried, I would put up a fight.

He opened his mouth to say something, but his eyes suddenly looked behind us towards the statues and then back at me and finally at Ibin. Uncharacteristically, I watched the rage that had darkened his facial expression only a second ago morph into a frown.

"Ibin get out of my sight. Avril, you stay."

Ibin didn't have to be told twice.

The quick smacking of his feet against the stone sounded, and I watched the little furball sprint out of the room leaving me behind. Chewing on my lip, watching him run like his ass was on fire, I couldn't help but be annoyed. He did this every single time to me... little wimp.

With Ibin's exit, silence ensured and Zeddicus and I simply sized each other up. I watched his eyes start at my feet and leisurely moved up my body. I didn't miss the heat pool into his icy eyes, turning the normal frigid color into something warm, before they rested on my face. The entire time I had stood unmoved, arms crossed refusing to show him how his closeness put me on edge, but the moment our eyes locked, a shiver raced down my spine.

"Avril, you are testing my limits." He sighed, running a hand down the exquisite features of his face before he turned around and began walking to the exit expecting me to follow. Not wanting to stay in this creepy room any longer, I did.

The only sound you could hear as we walked was the sound of our feet against the floor, considering neither of us spoke a word. He was lost in his thoughts and my mind kept going back to his confession as I picked at the collar around my neck. He had killed his father.

"I can practically feel your curiosity, Avril, so ask the question." He suddenly spoke knocking me from thoughts.

Footing nearly faltering at his words and the fact he was allowing me into his world, I didn't waste any time. "You killed your father?"

"I did what needed to be done."

My eyebrows furrowed. "What does that mean?" I questioned, noting we were going to the more populated area in the castle as noises begin to build.

"It means he was ruining everything and I put a stop to it." His eyes turned to me. "You come from Earth, yes?"

I nodded in confusion.

A smile quirked his lips and I nearly cringed back at that odd expression on his face. I didn't see it often and when I did, he was usually inflicting pain or sorrow on someone. Yet, glancing around, there wasn't either of those two in the immediate vicinity.