The Final Battle & The Story of Faven

"Hello, my runaway bride?" The words echoed in my mind like a ringing alarm.

Fatigued and on mute, I took in my mother.

"Faven." I mouthed the words, never knowing her name but now finally getting one of my endless questions answered.

Blonde hair transitioning into black at her roots were twisted up into a messy valley of braids in a bun like it was done in a rush. Iridescent golden armor, reflecting the ominous grays of the sky, coated her body like a second skin and more densely covered her most vulnerable areas. A sword hung lazily, but firm in her hand. The blade appeared to be made out of a crystalline glass material that also reflected its environment back at us.

"Gala, we need attention on my daughter's kindred spirit and friends. Eleron, get your group and start working on the wounded." The way her voice slashed through the still air would have made the strongest man quiver. The woman standing in front of me, eyes lethal, was a complete one-eighty from the woman who I spoke to in her bedroom. "The rest, get into position to finish whatever my daughter didn't."

Glancing to my side, I note what looked like a portal, a rip in the frame of space and time itself with other Angelians exiting from it. Faces fierce, they ranged in all platforms of beauty and strength as they emerged from the portal in almost synchronized fashion. Wings just like my mothers adorned many bodies, but some were hidden, and those creatures just appeared like perfected deities. I couldn't spot one fault in their outer shells.

Hazy eyes switched back to my mother only to find that she was gazing down at me.

"You came." Tone emotionless, she could only read the wary and haggard lines of my face.

A sad glint to her eye cracked her stoic features, and she simply nodded before turning back to Zeddicus and stepped in front of me.

"Daughter? Did I hear that, right? The entire time I had exactly what I needed and never realized it."

Faven titled her chin, just like I did I realized, when I wasn't going to budge and was going to stand my ground. "Had I known you were in control of these galactic massacres I would have come sooner." She ignored his previous question.

Between my mother's legs, like a child almost, I peered at Zeddicus behind her protection. At her words, his nefarious expression faltered, and his face fell. In the next second it was gone. "I came to power after my father's death."

My mother tensed at his words but spoke as if he hadn't said that. "It was a long overdue death, but I've grown tired of talking." In a blink of an eye she threw Zeddicus' sword back at him. He caught it instantly. A gasp bubbled in the back of my throat, but it in, eyes widening at the speed she threw it, realizing they both had enhanced speed. "Let's end this, Zeddicus. Once and for all. Your reign ends today."

"You're going to fight me, your betrothed?" His dark chuckles echoed through the air. His laugher, so wicked, made me cringe remembering the many times I heard it as I suffered.

She tensed either from his words or sensing my reaction. "You were never mine." The underlying current of fury was evident in her voice.

"Because you ran away, like the coward you are."

"Look at what not running away would have gotten me." The agitation as she shifted her stance was clear. "Death, because everything you touch dies."

The flinch after my mother's words, let me know her words hit home. "I loved you and I loved her. She was your better half after all."

Metal clanking rung in the air as she aimed the tip at him, a buzzing of energy ringing across the field. It felt like a strong gust of end, but by the intensity and the way it caused the hair on my body to rise for a moment, I knew it was magic.