Chapter 5: The Worst First Date

Ik it's been long and I'm sorry 😩🤦🏾‍♀️but I'm back ❤️. Vote, Comment, & Fan ! : )

My life just fucking sucks. My first date in my seventeen years of life and a ghost just had to cause a scene and kill a guy in broad daylight. I couldn't pretend to be normal for one day. And Benny was the perfect gentleman the entire night. He's charming, funny, and a breath of fresh air in my otherwise depressing life. I gave it a try and now it's time to move on. I'm sure he never wants to see or hear from me again after the other night. I came home and told Issy about the whole thing. We spent the weekend eating junk and watching RomComs. It also helped that I told Henry off for the scene he caused at the restaurant. He was only slightly remorseful which is good since he usually has a hate everyone approach to the world. So I'll chuck that up as the win in my book. Today is turning out to be my regular freak show. I can't lie, a part of me misses Benny even though I haven't known him long. Something about him just calls to me. Issy and I walk out the building going to her car when I hear my tormentor's voice.

"Hey sexy loco, going to lie on someone else?" he sneers with a smirk.

I pull my bookbag straps tighter on my shoulder. "Get the fuck out her face" Issy snaps.

He chuckles, "calm down Chihuahua, she likes it, don't you sexy loco" he tries to put his hand under my chin but I flinch back. He laughs, "until next time sexy loco." He winks before walking away.

Issy pulls me closer to her, "you okay?" I nod giving her a half smile trying to control my emotions. I'd never wish death on anyone but sometimes I wish Grant would just crawl into a hole and die. But hell with my luck he'd come back and torment me.

"Jordan!" I hear someone yell causing me to turn in the direction to see Benny leaning on a sleek black Audi.

"That's him?" Issy gasps and I nod still staring. He's wearing dark jeans, black combat boots, and a blue grey t-shirt. He looks good. "Girl go" she pushes me.

I take a deep breath before walking in his direction. I can't believe he came here. I honestly thought I'd never see him again and here he is at my school. He grins, "hi, how are you?"

"Hi, I'm okay and you?"

"Good now that I've seen your beautiful face. I've got you something." He leans into his car pulling out yellow lilies. "Your favorite right?"

I take them smelling them before nodding, "yes, thank you." That's when I notice the looks we're getting. I look up at him under my lashes, "what are you doing here Benjamin?"

He looks taken a back, "I wanted to see you. I hoped we could see a movie."

I sigh playing with my fingers, "I know you've heard about me. Our date was a disaster you don't have to pretend anymore."

He tilts my head up by my chin. "I couldn't give one fuck about town gossip. I like you Jordan and I want to continue to get to know you." He grins, "besides that only means our second date can't be any worse."

I giggle, "okay."

He grins wider, "now can I take you to see a movie?"

I nod before turning to Issy giving her a thumbs up. She grins and winks before walking off. Benny holds open the door for me before getting in himself and pulling off. "I honestly didn't think I'd hear from you again" I say softly breaking the silence.

He glances at me, "why not?"

"You know why."

"I have a thought but I'm willing to wait until you're comfortable telling me yourself."