Chapter 17: Taking Steps

Vote, Comment, & fan ! ; )

I walk out the building to see him leaning on his jeep. He's on the phone in a perfectly tailored navy suit. He must've had office duty today. It's usually when he comes and gets me. Other time he's busy working doubles or on call. He has on black Ray-bans, his index finger gently rubbing his full bottom lip. It's a business call, not personal. He usually does that when he's thinking about something. Another thing I've learned about them in the past month.

This past month has been trying, with Halloween and my mates. Halloween is always the busiest day of my life seeing as how that's when every soul under the sun wants to come out and play. It's really the only time they can really get away with things since people expect freak show things on Halloween. On the other side of things, a lot of spirits are really depressed on Halloween, which means I turn into a therapist. It was an eye-opening experience for my boyfriends as well since they've never seen me so frazzled before, or how in depth I go with talking to spirits and getting them to cross over.

I can honestly say I've really been trying with them and our relationship. I still have my moments of disbelief that they're mine, but they make me beyond comfortable that the moments don't last long. They're slowly breaking me out my shell. He strokes his growing beard, it's an odd look seeing it so full but it's growing on me.

"He's yours, stop fucking staring" Issy says snapping me out my trance.

"She's right" Rose adds with a giggle.

I roll my eyes, "just admiring."

"Go bitch!" she pushes me a little before walking away.

I slowly walk over to my boyfriend and when he sees me he smiles brightly setting off a swarm of butterflies in my stomach. I'm not going to lie this past month has been blissful. Chaun stayed true to his word and Mila hasn't bothered me. Though I'm sure that was mostly Zoey's doing. The girl can be scary when she wants to be. For the most part we've been in our own little bubble, getting to know one another more comfortably, but no sleepovers since the first one.

"Hi baby" he says once he's off the phone.

"Hi" I can't help but to smile at him.

He chuckles, "you're so damn cute." He opens the door for me helping me in before getting in himself. He rests his hand on my thigh as he pulls off. "Where to?"

"Can you take me to my brother's house?" he nods. "Also, would you like to go on a date with me?"

He glances at me, "of course baby, you didn't have to ask."

I shrug, "you might've been busy."

He takes my hand kissing it, "never too busy for you."

I can't help my smile, "just us okay?"

He nods, "alright, any particular time?"

"Seven please."

He nods as we pull to a stop at my old living quarters. "Want me to wait for you?"

I shake my head, "no, I'll have my brother drop me off home."

He nods before pulling me into a kiss. I can't help but to smile as I kiss him back. He slowly pulls away pecking my lips. I get out his car going into the house. Today is a big day and before anyone else can tell my brother I want to. We're too close for him to find out from anyone but me. There's already been rumors about the fact that three different guys pick me up from school every day. I walk into his room to see him at his desk drawing.

"Knock Knock" I say sitting on his bed.

"What's up baby sis?" he says stopping to face me.

"I wanted to tell you something before you hear it through the rumor mill." I look down playing with my fingers nervously. "I have three boyfriends" I mumble quickly.