Chapter 10: In Sickness

MFSL was meant to be a short story 15-20 chapters but it looks like that might be changing cause I haven't explored as much as I want lol. But anyway... Vote, Comment, & Fan ! : )

 Vote, Comment, & Fan ! : )

Liam POV

I walk into the building going to the nurses' station picking up my next patient's folder. Only a few more hours before my shift is over. I'm in the emergency room today but honestly, I don't mind. It's the best place to be in the hospital, where the most action happens. You honestly see a lot of things here. I've just came back from having lunch with Chauncey and Benji. I think Chauncey suggested it to make sure that I eat. He's overprotective like that, as if I'd die if I didn't eat for a few hours. I walk out the curtains just as I hear the ambulance pulling in. I walk over to the door just as the paramedics rush in.

"What we got?" I ask helping them push a stretcher to a bay.

"Attempted suicide" the paramedic yells.

"Help her please!" I hear the familiar voice yell. I turn around to see Isabella right behind us.

I look down and sure enough it's my beloved on the stretcher pale and unconscious. "We stitched up the cuts and induced vomit, but she took a lot of pills and lost a lot of blood" the paramedic says before leaving.

I go about checking my beloved and pumping her stomach, trying to focus on being her doctor for the moment. Her heart monitor suddenly goes off and suddenly she's crashing. "Liam!" Isabella screams.

"Get her out of here and get me a crash cart!" I shout giving my beloved CPR.

The nurses follow my instructions and I take the paddles before shocking her. Her heart monitor goes back stable, but her pressure is dropping. C'mon Jordan stay with me. She needs a blood transfusion quick.

"Push liquids and get me her records, she needs blood." I instruct before walking away to find Isabella. She's pacing the waiting room when I find her. "Isabella" I say softly.

She turns to me walking over tears still falling from her eyes. "is she okay? You saved her right?"

"She's stable for now" I lead her to vacant seats. "I need you to tell me what happened."

She takes a deep breath, "I don't know. She wasn't in our class, so I called her, and she didn't answer so..." I rub her back as she sobs. "I went to her house she...she..." she cries harder. "There was so much blood...I freaked out and called 911."

I pull her into my arms as she breaks down. I can't begin to imagine how she's feeling. It's one thing to see my beloved like this but it's another to bare witness to the scene. I hate seeing my beloved here like this but her best friend had to see her dead and unresponsive.

"Is this the first time?" I ask softly. She shakes her head trying to calm down.

"Isabella" I hear someone yell causing us both to turn. She gets up running into who I presume is my beloved's brother.