Chapter 7: News: Good or Bad?

If you guys think that I'm not updating this story or any other story make sure you look at my profile for update dates on your favorite story of mine. Also you guys can follow me cause send out messages about everything going on concerning my stories just so you know. Vote, Comment, & Fan ! : )☺️❤️

I look over my outfit once more before sighing. I guess this is as good as it gets. Issy and Rose helped me get ready and I think I look decent but nowhere near Benny's status. Next to him I look like his help not his date. I'm wearing a red off the shoulder long sleeved sweater, a black skirt that Issy practically forced me in, and chunky red velvet heels. My hair is in its natural curly/wavy state with minimal make-up. There's a knock on the door before Charles walks in eyeing me.

"Please come in Charles" I say sarcastically.

"Where are you going? And who have you been going out with?" he asks taking an unwelcomed seat next to Issy on my bed.

"Nobody" I say putting in my earrings.

"It's obviously someone. People have been telling me about men coming to school for you. I thought we were closer than that Jay."

I roll my eyes; people in this freaking town really need to mind their own business, running back to my brother like he's my father. I haven't even gotten the chance to figure out what I'm doing with Benjamin myself. Going out with Chauncey only solidified that for me. If I was really into Benny why'd I feel hot, bothered, and tingly with Chauncey. Why had the idea of the waitress knowing him formally piss me off? Someone into Benny wouldn't feel like that. Plus, who knows why either of those Gods are talking to ugly disgusting crazy me. It could be some sick joke on sexy loco. Grant always tells me that the only way a guy would be interested in me is to get me on my back. Maybe he's right, they'll use me then pass me on to the next guy. Get a nice laugh out of screwing the town freak.

"Jordan!" Charles snaps breaking me from my thoughts.

"It's nothing Charles, it'll be over before you can blink" I say noticing that Benny should be here any moment.

I walk out my room leaving them both there on the bed. I say bye to my folks before walking out the house. Benny said he was going to cook at his house for me, promised no outsiders either this time. Sadly I don't mind the company of Liam and Chauncey, especially after Chauncey took me out. Benny gets out the car opening the passenger side, placing a gentle kiss to my temple as I get in the car. The car ride to his place is filled with small talk and comfortable silence. When we arrive he leads me to the dining room where a candle lit dinner is waiting for us.

"This is beautiful Benjamin, thank you" I say glancing up at him from under my lashes.

"It is" he says huskily staring at me.

We take our seats at the table, oddly I have this feeling in my stomach like everything is going to blow up in my face. I can't lie and say I'm not prepared because I am, like I said guys like Benny aren't meant to be interest in girls like me. Though the idea of Benny being a douche like Grant saddens me beyond words.

"How is everything?" he asks breaking the silence, ocean eyes watching me carefully.

"It's really great, did you make it?" I ask forking mashed potatoes in my mouth.

He scoffs, "hell no, can barely boil water right. I'm trying to impress you not kill you."

I laugh, "I'm sure you're not that bad Benny."

He raises an eyebrow, "you'll have to see for yourself then beautiful."

I giggle, "so who cooked?"