Chapter 9: Hanging in the Balance

TRIGGER WARNING! ⚠️⚠️This chapter gets heavy towards the end. Vote, Comment, & Fan ! : )

It's been about two weeks since the whole hickey incident. That was beyond humiliating, seriously how am I destined to be with them and lead a pack if I can't defend myself against my daily tormentor. There has to be an error in the system or something. I made a new friend in a transfer student though which is mini win, her name is Zoey. She's about a few inches taller than me, mixed with black and Asian, hazel eyes, with honey brown curly hair that she mostly keeps in buns. Today her and Issy are coming to the guys' house with me. I've already asked them which they didn't mind. Issy knows everything, she's my bestfriend after all so I had to tell her. She knows not to tell anyone else though and they didn't seem to care that I've told her. Issy, Zoey, and I get out her car and I see the guys coming out the house. Behind them is Amari and some female. Issy stops walking staring at Amari causing me to look at her confused before looking to him to see he's the same. What's going on here? Suddenly she snaps out of it charging to the girl next to him. Next thing I know she's punching the girl in the face. I run to her but I'm caught by Benny. I struggle against his hold trying to get Issy. She's hot tempered and if I don't stop it she's liable to kill the poor girl for no reason at all. Zoey goes to grab her but Amari stops her grabbing Issy by her waist off the girl. She automatically slaps him in the face cursing in Spanish.

"Calm down" he yells in her face.

"Who is she?" she yells back pointing to the girl struggling to get up.

"The past. Amari"

She huffs, "Isabella, now put me down beloved."

He looks at her shocked putting her down, "you know?"

"Yes Jor described it to me so I knew I was yours. Seeing your little tramp wasn't how I pictured this happening."

"Who are you calling a tramp?" the girl asks with a stank face.

"You puta, fuck out my sight" she walks in the house not mothering to wait for anyone.

"I think I love her" Amari says with a sly grin before walking in behind her.

"You didn't even greet us mate" Chauncey states when everyone else walked away.

"Hi" I say softly.

"That won't do" Benny smirks before kissing me. I'm passed to each one of them repeating the action. "Better."

"Who's your friend?" Liam asks.

"That's Zoey, she's the new girl. She's a wolf too. Never thought I'd be saying that, let alone so easily" I respond thoughtfully.

I promised Zoey I wouldn't tell anyone, but my boyfriends aren't just anyone. They wouldn't say anything they wouldn't betray my trust like that. Plus, I'm sure there isn't a lot of wolves around town, so I'm surprised they don't already know each other.

"Mate, how do you get around town?" Chauncey asks tucking his hand in my back pocket.

"Mostly walking and Issy if she can" I answer with a shrug.

"You don't have a car?" Benny asks perplexed.

I shake my head, "still saving for one, my folks don't think it's safe."

"Why?"

"Talk and see dead people."

Chauncey grunts and Liam pulls me to the house. We walk into the living room to see everyone sitting around. Chauncey pulls me on his lap between Benny and Liam. "How was school?" Liam asks.