♥Villain Mission {5}♥

{Your P.O.V.}

I woke up after another long rest, seeing Recovery Girl above me, once again healing my wounds. I gave her a small smile and the woman smiled back before speaking.

"Well, Miss L/N, your wounds seemed to be all the way healed.. that's why you were conked out so long, dearie! You should be able to do classes just fine." the kindly older healer said with a small pat on my arm.

I thought about how my wounds were healed at the League.. I was roughly bandaged up and maybe given painkillers if we had them. No one ever treated my wounds with a smile and a healing quirk..

I shook my head slightly. I couldn't be thinking about that. The League was my family. I smiled once more and said, "Thank you very much, I'll get to class." I walked to Class 1-A with bandages around my torso, my school jacket on my shoulders along with the rest of my uniform on.

When I walked in, I was greeted with a unanimous "L/N!!"

I gasped as several students came over to hug me, everyone saying things like, "We were so worried!" or, "Are you all better now?!" I smiled slightly, looking down.

"Thank you all.. Yeah, I'm good now. Recovery Girl healed me!" I exclaimed with a bright smile, and everyone breathed out a sigh of relief and happiness. I went to my desk and sat down after Mr. Aizawa hushed everyone, and he looked up at me.

"L/N, I'm glad you're all right." the man said in simply in his monotone voice, before starting the lesson again. I stifled a small laugh. The super serious Aizawa had actually shown a soft side?

As the lesson continued on, I found my wounds aching less and less over time. Eventually, when school was done for the day, I packed up my things finding that there was no longer pain in my abdomen. That Recovery Girl truly was a miracle worker.

I felt a tap on my shoulder just as I was about to leave and turned, seeing Izuku standing behind me. "H-Hey, Y/N, I'm really glad you're okay."

I gave him a small grin. "Thanks Izu-kun, but--"

I was cut off by the green haired male. "But don't do anything like that ever again! You could have died, in fact, you were really close to death!" he said in a concerned tone, and I laughed a bit.

"It's okay, I'm fine. I lived, didn't I? But I honestly didn't expect that bird brain to be unaffected by my sleep gas.."

He nodded, tapping his chin. "I know. He appeared to have nostrils in his beak, but maybe his senses were mostly destroyed from the overwhelming amount of quirks that were forced onto him. Maybe.." Izuku trailed off as he began mumbling, and I sweatdropped, patting his shoulder.

"Don't think too much into it Izu-kun. Anyways, I'm gonna head out. Seeya!" I said, giving a small wave as the boy waved back with the tiniest of blushes.

I walked along the sidewalk back in the direction of the League's hideout, and once I arrived, I headed in to be faced with Kurogiri.

"Y/N, you have a mission to kill this pro hero. His hero name is Yami, real name Kai Shigeaki. He's an undercover hero who's been figuring too much out about us.. and he could soon expose us. I would have sent someone else since you just got back from classes, but no one else can. He is currently at this address. He should be with his family. Kill them if you must, but attempt to only take his life." the shadowy man said, and I simply nodded.

Going to my room, I checked the address one more time and memorized it, crumpling the paper and putting on my villain outfit. Clicking my gas mask into place, I immediately set out.

Once I had reached the address, I heard a woman's voice inside, as well as a man's laugh. "Shigeaki." I thought, and knocked on the door, already activating my paralysis gas. Yellow swarmed around me, and a man with short raven hair and a slight goatee answered.

"Yes, what--" he stopped short as he fell to the ground, the gas already affecting him. He growled and glared at me, or tried to with his paralysis. "Lady Toxic." he attempted to say, and I looked down at him.

My words came out in a rasp, my way of further covering my identity so no one could recognize my voice. "Your family won't suffer. Only you."

He tried to struggle, use his quirk, that much was obvious. But it was too late as the red gas invaded his system. The woman, probably his wife, came over with a child in her arms. She gasped in horror, and I walked over to hold her back after deactivating my gas.

"Inhale that and you'll die. I did not come to harm anyone but Shigeaki Kai." my rasped voice said, and I walked out, the remnants of my red gas fading away as I exited, hearing the woman sobbing behind me.

As much as I knew that woman must have suffered, I couldn't mourn for her loss. This is who I was. A murderer.

Suddenly, a pro hero.. Edgeshot, came from the shadows seemingly. I had managed to escape behind a building and hide, but just barely.

"Internal damage.. It must have been that Lady Toxic." Edgeshot said aloud. "Wow, aren't I just a household name?" I thought sarcastically, before listening in again.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. That villain has too powerful a quirk.. I'm afraid Kai Shigeaki is dead."

The woman's sobs continued, growing to pained cries as the child also began to cry. I sank to the ground where I hid, sitting with my knees tucked in. "This is me." I thought. "I am a villain. I kill for the League. I commit any crimes for the League. Everything I do is for the League. They took me in. They saved me when heroes abandoned me. This is me."

As I stood, I thought of the kind of life I might have led had I decided to actually become a hero.

Maybe I would have had real friends.

Maybe even a family again, at some point in my life.

But right then, right there, I convinced myself that this was the only life for me.

I would have no redemption from the pain I've caused, the crimes I've committed.

I'm too far gone. I'm a villain. Evil. Bad blooded.

And the man I just killed.. the reaction his family had.. was proof of just that.

{1084 words}

{Hey guys! Sorry for the delay on this one, had some stuff going on. As always, leave feedback~!}

-Luna