♥Y/N vs. Bakugo {10}♥

{Your P.O.V.}

Walking out into the bright sun for the third time today, I stood among the sixteen remaining competitors. I looked up at the 18+ hero, as she announced the pairings for the Battle Tournament.

My e/c orbs scanned the screen, searching for my name. I wonder who I'd be up against..?

'..Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu vs. Eijiro Kirishima.. Katsuki Bakugo vs. Y/N L/N."

My eyes widened just slightly, glancing over at the explodey hedgehog boy. He was looking around for his opponent. I took a deep breath, walking over to him.

"Oi, hedgehog-hair. So you're the one I'm going against?"

The blonde turned to me with the.. ugliest expression I have ever seen, and spoke in an aggressive tone. "What did you call me?! I'm gonna fuckin' crush you!"

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. "Whatever. We'll see about that when the match starts." I said, matching his glare with one of my own, leaving him slightly stunned that I actually retorted as I walked away. I smirked to myself as he grit his teeth, strutting out with confidence.

That was to mask how nervous I actually was.

I knew I had a chance against him, I've done combat training my entire life and can dodge even the quickest of blows, countering them with my own. However, Bakugo was tricky. He seems like a bombs-for-brains dumbass, but he's not.

He plans his attacks, calculates every move. I know this from Midoriya.

He would be a dangerous opponent. But if I can get in close, or even get him to breathe in my sleep gas, I can incapacitate him and win the fight.

Heading to the bleachers, I sat down next to some of my 1-A classmates. Izuku was going up first, against a boy named Shinsou. I had no idea what his quirk was, but I have faith in the greenette. He's strong.

I smiled to myself as I saw Izuku walking onto the stage, the match beginning already. Wait.. Why was I smiling at the sight of him?! Ugh, dumb.. emotions!

Once the match started, I saw Shinsou speaking to Midoriya. It seemed to anger the green-haired boy, as he began to run forward and yell. But suddenly, he.. stopped. He had a blank look in his eyes.

"Oh god no, Izuku, WAKE THE FUCK UP!" I screamed, standing up. As soon as I saw Shinsou's mouth move, and saw Izuku walking towards the outside of the arena, I knew exactly what the purple-haired boy's quirk was. It was obvious.

Brainwashing.

I continued to yell down at Midoriya, watching in horror as he walked to the edge, getting closer and closer.. "IZUKU, I HAVEN'T FOUGHT YOU YET, DON'T YOU DARE LOSE NOW!!"

I sensed an energy radiating from him, and suddenly.. he was back. And just in time, too. He was barely still in the arena. But.. his finger was broken. Did he.. break it to get himself back?

That seemed to piss Shinsou off. I laughed to myself, muttering, "Go get 'em." as I saw Izuku absolutely dominate and slam Shinsou out of bounds.

Everyone cheered as Izuku stood, the winner of the match. I got up from my seat and jogged down to where I assumed his waiting room was. Since it was also my assigned waiting room, I decided I would chill there until my match. No reason to watch anyone else's match.

Said green-haired boy soon entered as I predicted, and once he saw me he ran over. "H-Hey Y/N!" I smiled brightly at him, pulling out a chair for him to sit in.

"Hey Izuku, amazing match! Though, you did get your broken finger fixed, didn't you?" The boy laughed sheepishly, shaking his head. 

"No, not yet.. I thought you might be here, and wanted to see if you saw my match.. But I guess I got my question answered for me already." He grinned brightly.