♥Adjusting {25}♥

{Your P.O.V.}

Everything seemed to be going up.

Up until a couple of days ago, that is.

I've been at the U.A. dorms for about a week now, and I thought everything was starting to get better. Even some of my classmates seemed to be warming up to me again, particularly the girls, my old best friends.

However, recently, Izuku had become distant just like most of the others. He wasn't talking to me as much, he wouldn't sit with me at lunch, and we didn't even exchange greetings in the hallways or in class anymore. It hurt, especially since he was the one that took the time to convince me to turn to heroism.

It made me doubt everything he told me. Was he just lying for the pros, so that they could get one less villain out of the way? Maybe it was so they wouldn't have the weight of throwing a kid of jail on their shoulders. Either way, I didn't feel confident in the words he spoke as much anymore.

Sighing, I walked down the hall, seeing Izuku pass me. I gave him a small smile. "Hey, Izu-kun! Want to have lun--"

I was cut off as he brushed past, his face bright red as soon as he saw me. He was muttering as he passed. My shoulders drooped, and my smile fell. 

What happened?

He turned further down the hall, and I thought I heard All Might's booming voice as his muttering grew distant. I felt my mood dampen further, heading into the cafeteria with dragging feet.

I sat alone, as I usually did after coming back. Even though Mina and Momo occasionally came over to join me since they were my closest friends, for the most part I was by myself. I appreciated their efforts, though.

I had a hefty plate of food from none other than Lunch Rush himself. Food always had a way of making me feel better.

Eating in solitude, I was left with my thoughts. Midoriya seemed to be the only one who still trusted me enough to hang around me, so why's he been acting this way? Maybe he's sick of me, or he doesn't trust me after all? I gripped my chopsticks so hard they snapped. Why the hell would he go through all the trouble of convincing to me to stay, then?! Why--

"Is this seat taken?"

I glanced up for a moment, looking back down at my food before doing a double-take.

"T-Todoroki? What are you doing over here?"

"I normally sit alone at lunch too, but you seemed angry. I figured I could come over and ask about it. Plus, you're in one of the least noisy areas."

"I suppose I am.." I muttered, glancing around before turning back to him with a bewildered look. "Wait a minute, why are you sitting with me again? I betrayed.. all of you. Shouldn't you hate me?"

Todoroki tilted his head before beginning to eat his soba again. "I don't think a true villain would go to a hero school where she's closely monitored rather than go to a prison she could easily get broken out of. If you really wanted your old life back, you wouldn't have come back to us."

My eyes welled up a bit, but I didn't let them fall before wiping them away. "T-Thanks for having faith in me, hah.. I don't deserve it--"

"I know you don't."

"Ouch.. Well, your quirk isn't ice for nothing, huh?" I chuckled, and he gave me a small smile back.

We continued chattering throughout lunch hour, and I felt my mood improve greatly. Todoroki was actually a really funny guy once you got to know him. He just had a different kind of humor. He could also hold.. really great conversations, surprisingly.