♥Cavalry Battle {9}♥

{Your P.O.V.}

I sighed and stretched my limbs out, heading out into the open once more. Seeing Midnight upon the stage, I headed over to the students gathered before her and stood right next to Izuku.

"Nervous?" I whispered to Izuku, and he nodded slightly, whispering back to me.

"I.. was having a p-private conversation with someone, a-and I think s-someone eavesdropped.. I'm w-worried, it was really personal.." he muttered, and I feigned worry as well.

"Oh shit.. I hope everything's good." I said back, my voice hushed. I smirked internally, but deep down I did feel guilty. I had invaded the privacy of the only boy who I could call my friend.. Oh, who am I kidding. I got valuable information that I can use to aide the League.

I can't forget that heroes are the reason I'm a miserable villain, that I have to kill and commit crimes to keep a roof over my head with the others. 

But.. I don't know what I'll do when I finally betray Izuku and All Might.. and everyone else for that matter. 

We'll see with time.

Eventually, Midnight announced that we would be participating in.. a cavalry battle! I sighed out. Something else I probably wouldn't be able to utilize my quirk in, I thought,

That is, until Midnight also announced this one would be anything goes.. as long as the rider didn't touch the ground. She then spoke about the point values. Being placed 14th in the obstacle race, I didn't have a super high amount of points, but it wasn't super low either.

I then saw that Izuku had.. 10 million points?! Oh god, poor boy.. He's going to be the main target..

The minute I concluded that thought, I saw all of the other students eyeing him like they were hungry birds that had spotted a juicy-looking mouse..

When Midnight told everyone to get into groups of up to 4, I immediately went to the poor, nervous boy, tapping his shoulder. "Izu-kun?" I questioned, giving him a small smile. "Would you like to team up with me?"

Midoriya looked like he was about to strangle me in a hug, as he broke out into tears. "R-Really, Y/N?! Y-You'd do that, even w-when I have the m-most points?!" he wailed, and I laughed slightly.

"You'd think your real quirk is crying waterfalls worth of tears.." I muttered, before brightening my smile further. "Of course! That's what friends are for. Plus, we just have to run away the whole time anyways. I can help by putting people who try and come close to sleep, if you think you can hold your breath.."

He nodded vigorously, and then looked off to the side. Following his gaze, I spotted the bespectacled boy, Tenya Iida was it?

"One moment, Y/N.. I think I have a potential teammate that could help in that regard.." I nodded at him as he walked off, and then felt a rather harsh tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I spotted a girl with pink hair, flaxen eyes, and.. a ton of gear on her.

"Excuse me.." she spoke in a slightly nasally voice. "Are you by chance teamed up with anyone, Sleep Gas Girl?!" Her voice seemed to raise significantly with her question, and I nodded my head slightly, covering my ears with my hands to block her yelling.

"Ah, yes.. I'm teamed with Izuku Midoriya, boy in first pla--" She cut me off immediately, a v-shaped smirk on her lips. "Let me join your team!!"

"..Huh?"

"That's right! If I'm on the team with the first place member, people will notice my adorable little babies! Plus, I know your sleep gas puts everyone around you under its effects, does it not?!"