♥Wrapping up the Sport's Festival! {12}♥

{Quick A/N - I just wanted to say thank you all so much for over 1.9k story reads and nearly 100 votes!! I never expected to get even close to that when I just started. Thank you all!}

{Your P.O.V.}

I woke up with my head in Izuku's lap, who also happened to be stirring slightly. Blushing wildly, I sat up as quick as I could and backed away a little bit.

"Mmm.. Y..Y/N? What are you d-doing here..?" Izuku asked as he opened his eyes fully, blinking a bit as he looked at me.

"W-Well, you got really badly hurt, which I am very mad at you for!" I huffed out, crossing my arms and puffing up my cheeks. "But I was also worried.. You can't overwork your body like that or it'll break. Permanently."

"Well, I know that now.." the green-haired boy said. "Recovery Girl said I got these scars on my hand from overdoing it.. They're permanent."

I instantly grabbed his hand, inspecting how it was now slightly crooked and, as Izuku had said, there were scars littering his hand and arm.

I spent the next while scolding Izuku for his reckless behavior, and once I had gotten everything off my chest that I needed to, I sat down at his bedside and sighed out a very, very long sigh. "I'm sorry, Izuku."

"What are you sorry for?"

"I know you really wanted to win the Sports Festival to prove yourself. I'm sorry you had to go out like this, especially after sacrificing so much.."

He placed a hand on my shoulder (his non fucked-up one) and said softly, "It's okay, Y/N. I'm really not as upset as I thought I'd be. I helped Todoroki to realize an important part about himself, and that has satisfied any desire to win. In my books, I'd say getting through to him was just as good as a Sports Festival Win!" he smiled brightly at me, and I nearly had to squint at how bright this sunshine child was.

"So.. pure.." I managed to squeak out, but shook my head and instead embraced the boy in a hug. 

"I'm proud of you, Izuku. It's much more admirable to help someone out than to chase your own goals, and it takes a lot of kindness, too." I said, giving him a smile back.

The boy turned tomato red suddenly and covered his face, and I tilted my head to the side in confusion. "What's wrong..?"

"A-Ah, nothing!" he shouted, waving his hands slightly. I laughed a little bit, patting him on the back gently. 

"Get some more rest Izu-kun, I'll talk to you later, okay?" I said with another soft smile, getting up from my seat on his bedside and heading over to the door.

"B-But Y/N, shouldn't you be resting too? I know you got out, but you got pretty badly hurt.." he spoke with worry in his voice and eyes, looking up at me. "It wouldn't be good to hurt anything again.."

I waved my hands in dismissal at his sentence, stretching out my limbs. I only felt a dull pain in my body, so I figured it was fine. "Nah, don't worry about me. My broken ankle is fixed, and I only feel a dull pain from the whole ordeal. I'll be okay."

He nodded, still looking slightly worried as I backed out the door and walked down the hall. He was sweet for worrying-- 

No. I can't be thinking that way. He's still the enemy despite how kind he is. It's a front. He's just trying to be a 'hero' like all those other fakes..

I kept making up excuses in my head, trying to convince myself. But none of them ever seemed to work.

{Izuku's P.O.V.}

I watched as Y/N walked out the door, sighing and laying back onto my cot in the medical bay. She was so strong and brave.. standing up even after being blasted by Kacchan. She faced him head on with no fear, and she nearly won..

I still couldn't get over my irritation with my explosive childhood friend, though. He had hurt Y/N so bad in the battle. He couldn't even hold back a little?!

While watching the battle, I remember wanting to get down there and get Y/N out of the way of his blasts. I wanted to help her so bad.

It's not that I was underestimating her.. She's powerful and can definitely hold her own.. She showed everyone that in the fight. Her quirk was just a poor matchup against someone who can blow it away with one explosion.

[Flashback]

I watched as Kacchan sent Y/N flying once again, seeing her skid on the rough dirt, cuts and gashes all over her. I grit my teeth, clenching my fists as well. I could feel my nails digging into my palms as I heard Mic's voice.

"And with another huge explosion Bakugo sends L/N through the air once again! The poor girl.."

Still, she stood back up. Over and over again. I was secretly hoping that she would just lie down and give Kacchan the win, but that's not who she is. Y/N keeps fighting no matter what. That's just a quality that makes her amazing.

I watched as she unleashed an incredible cloud of white smoke, blinding everyone. But what caught my attention more was the pained and strained yell she let out as she did. It must've hurt her to overdo her quirk like that.

"She must be planning to put her hand to Kacchan's nose and force him to inhale her sleep gas.." I muttered, and Ochako nodded, also on the edge of her seat. Iida, despite usually being calm, seemed to be worried for Y/N as well.

I noticed a figure moving towards some small explosions trying to blast away the smoke.

"Yes! She's going to do it, she's gonna wi--"

My thoughts were cut off as an absolutely ginormous explosion cut through the smoke, sending it into the air to dissipate. The female figure I saw rushing Kacchan was also sent back.

"No..!"

Y/N crashed to the ground, her body sliding across the rocky floor of the arena. She was bruised, battered, cut and gashed, and I never wanted to help her more in that moment. 

She still tried her best to pull herself off the ground. Kacchan got ready to strike her again, but Y/N's eyes were dull. She wasn't going to be able to do it.

Midnight had walked over and placed a hand on the girl's back, asking her if she was okay while holding up a hand to stop Kacchan from attacking again.

Then, the dreaded words came from Midnight's mouth. The words I wished I didn't have to hear.

"L/N is unable to continue fighting. Bakugo is the winner!"

I rushed to Recovery Girl's office immediately, where I saw Y/N already lying on the bed after being carried off the stage, bruises and burns covering her s/t skin.

[Flashback Over]

I hope she doesn't continue to push herself too hard. I.. just want her to be happy and healthy, and become the hero she wants to be.

{1170 words}

{Little does Midoriya know.. you don't want to become a hero at all..}

-Luna