♥Time Between {19}♥

{Your P.O.V.}

After a while of not knowing our results of the exams, they finally came. To the practical exam failing students' surprise, everyone passed and everyone was going to the training camp!

Although we had all passed, according to Mr. Aizawa, the students who failed the practical exam would be getting extra lessons. I sighed out in relief, thankful that Aoyama and I passed by a hair.

After class when Aizawa left the room for a meeting, a few of my classmates grouped up and chatted animatedly. I walked over to Izuku, smiling at him. 

"Well, glad I passed! I would hate to have to do extra lessons." I chuckled, sitting on my green-haired friend's desk and looking down at him. He grinned back at me, nodding with a closed-eye smile.

"Yeah! I was worried Kacchan and I might not pass.. we were against All Might after all." he said, looking down at his hands. I patted him on the head, noticing him blush slightly once I did.

As he was about to speak up again, I overheard Tooru comment, "Guys! We should all go to the shopping mall this weekend to get stuff for the trip next week!"

Everyone cheered in agreement (excluding a few hardasses like Bakugou) and I hopped up, my eyes shining.

"We should go too, Izu-kun! I could use a few outfits for the lodge!" I exclaimed, and the boy looked back up to me.

"Y-Yeah! I need some stuff too. I'll come with!" he answered with a stutter.

"Great!"

{Time Skip}

Eventually, most of us met up at the shopping mall nearby to go shopping together. A few little groups of classmates broke off to shop for similar items. Suddenly, it was just Izuku and me left.

"We all came here together, yet we're the only two left.." he murmured, then turned to me with a smile.

"So, what are you getting aside from outfits, Y/N? I was planning on looking for heavier weights, maybe some other things.." Izuku said, and I looked off into the distance, putting a finger on my chin.

"I need some shorts for sure, sunscreen.." I spoke, trailing off. Before long as I muttered my list, I thought back to what Aoyama had said to me.

"Do you like him~?"

My face suddenly felt very hot, and I covered it quickly.

"A-And some b-bug r-repellent! Gotta keep b-bugs a-away!!" I shouted loudly, turning heel and running while waving my arms. It was too embarrassing to just sit there talking to Izu-kun after what Aoyama said!

"I-I'm a bug?!" Izuku called, but I hardly heard. I went to browse the items I needed, waving off the heat from my face.

"Dumb Aoyama.. He's not right. I'm a villain anyways.." I muttered, shaking my head and trying to clear my thoughts as I got some sunscreen and bug spray. 

After paying at the register, I decided that I should probably apologize to Izuku. It wasn't very cool of me to run off randomly like that. He probably thought I hated him or something!

Jogging back over, I saw the fluffy green hair I had come to know. But next to it was.. a black hood?

"Who could that be.." I thought aloud, walking over to the hooded figure and my friend. Once I got closer and closer, though, I realized who it was.

"Tomura.." I whispered, speeding up my pace.

Tomu looked up as he heard me approaching, and his ruby eyes widened a bit to see me there. I gave him a glare as if to say 'Don't harm him or make a scene. He's important to us.' I knew Izuku had no worth to the League except as a target, but I had to protect him.

I don't know why.

Putting on an oblivious act, I spoke in a 'frightened' tone. "Y-You.. let go of him.." Tomura caught on, looking over to Izuku.

"Y-Y/N, GO! GET OUT OF--"

"Ah, sorry, sorry! I didn't realize you had company~ I'll be on my way now~" the blue-haired male stood abruptly, releasing his hold on Izu-kun's neck, leaving him heaving on the floor. I ran over and kneeled next to him, holding him against my body.

"Who was that..?" I asked, still keeping my fake act. Izuku looked up with a glare after his coughing died down.

"Tomura.. the leader of the League of Villains." he spat with near-hatred in his eyes. Seeing it made my heart drop.

I knew I couldn't keep up this charade around Midoriya for much longer.

Later on, authorities arrived after the green-haired boy asked for me to call them. No trace of Tomu was found, luckily for the League. They shut down the mall for further investigation after that.

I was staring at the floor with guilt after walking Izuku home.

"What's wrong, Y/N..?" he asked softly, looking towards me. "You've been down since we left the mall.."

"I.." I murmured, wanting so badly to tell him the truth, to admit it all and let him just hate me. "I just wish I hadn't ran off.. If I hadn't you probably wouldn't have gotten attacked.."

"It wasn't your fault at all!" he cried out, and I looked up with shock, tears in my eyes. "You couldn't have known, it's okay, Y/N..!"

With that, the tears began to fall. They weren't tears of relief, nor tears of the reassured. They were tears of sadness and guilt.

I felt Izuku pull me into an embrace, and I buried my face into his shoulder, crying my eyes out. I want to enjoy his warmth just a bit longer.

Just a bit longer, until it's going to end.

{912 words}

{Next chapter coming soon, so sorry for the delay. I should be off hiatus now though :)}

-Luna