Chp 1

I wake to the deafening scream of an alarm clock. I've always hated that sound, taking me out of my peaceful sleep into the hell of what is life. I strain my neck to look over at the stupid black box, 7:02 AM.

"Ughhh!" I groan and reach my arm out hitting the snooze button. I probably shouldn't but why would the inventor even put a snooze button if they didn't want it to be utilized? I don't care what people say, these five minutes of half-sleep are precious moments I won't get back. I roll over pulling my covers over my head and wait for the next alarm to come bursting in with its obnoxious noise.....

"EREN!! RISE AND SHINE YA LAZY BUTT!" .......dad. He can't comprehend my love of snooze buttons. I'm pretty sure the man has never even pressed snooze in a good 15 years. I hear him stomp up the stairs, down the hall, reaching my door...... will he actually knock?

The doorknob twists. Of course not. "COME ON BOY YOU'RE BURNING DAYLIGHT" he announces as he bursts through my bedroom door. Seriously how is he so energetic this early?

"DAD, I'm up I'm up, go away!" I groan into the pillow in protest.

He scoffs "Fine but you better not be late for school". He marches out of my room, leaving my door wide open UGH WHY DO PARENTS DO THAT?!?! But finally some peace and quiet. I lay on my back and sigh and slowly close my eyes-

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"UGHHH" I roll over pulling my pillow over my head. So this is how today is gonna go huh?

I reluctantly throw my blankets off, swing my legs off my bed and sit up. Running my fingers through my hair I realize I forgot to shower last night. Shit. I jump up and run into the bathroom. I turn on the shower and while waiting for it to heat up I grab a towel and my toothbrush all while undressing, leaving a trail of discarded clothing around the bathroom. I jump in the shower and start brushing my teeth while scrubbing my head with shampoo.
I've woken up late and/or forgotten to shower many times before so I have a system.

After taking a shower so quick it could probably be in the Guinness World Record book, I dry my brunette hair with a towel and comb it quickly with my fingers giving it a "messy look" which is basically me just not caring. One of the pros of being a guy is that my hair dries quickly and I am so grateful for that. I throw on some black skinny jeans, a plain grey shirt, and some old pair of beaten-up Vans. I look at my clock 7:18 AM. Wow, that's gotta be a personal record, at least now I don't have to run to school.

I make my way downstairs to the kitchen and grab half a bagel and throw it in the toaster. "Cutting it kind of close huh?" my dad says while reading the newspaper at the kitchen table.

"I'll be fine dad," I say as the bagel jumps out of the toaster at me. I grab it and put only butter on it because one, I'm picky and two, I am kinda cutting it close. I hold the bagel in my mouth, zip up my bag, and throw it over my shoulder. I wave my dad goodbye with my free hand and leave. I eat my food on my walk to school.

I live in a small town called Maria which is just outside the city of Rose. (A/N Clever right? XD) I like this little town because it's not noisy, everything is close so I can walk pretty much everywhere. Also, it's easy to go into the city whenever you need or want to.

As a kid, I always wanted to live in the city, but now being 17 and a senior in high school I've gotten to love the small-town life. Yet the city still intrigues me. As I look at the skyline in the distance I think of the thing my mother always said. Well, at least my dad told me what she said. Be proud of who you are, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, or something like that. I can't really remember because she died when I was just a toddler. After she died my dad raised me by himself.