Chp 24

(Eren's P.O.V.)

The cell phone slips out of my trembling hand which remained frozen at my ear. It lands on the floor with a smack. 

"...Eren? Is everything ok?" My dad asks, becoming very concerned about my look of pure terror. 

I couldn't respond. I couldn't do anything. My mind went completely blank as it tried to process what I was just told. I stumbled back as my legs become wobbly. It was as if my blood stopped flowing. My heart stopped beating. My lungs stopped taking in oxygen. My body just ceased to function. 

Somehow I began trekking to the front door. My hip ran into the couch and my feet dragged across the floor. I was a zombie, void of any perception of reality as a deafening high pitched scream rang in my ears. I flew the door open gaining speed and stumbled down the stairs. 

(Play song)

Large raindrops still fell from the sky. The storm still in full force. The wind ripped through the trees howling around me like a lone wolf. At some point I started running across the front lawn, splashing through water and mud. My sprint came to an end when I got to the end of the driveway. My feet fumbled into the middle of the street as my body became numb but not from the cold rain. 

My legs buckled under the weight and I collapsed to my knees. I sat back between my feet as my arms hung loosely at my sides. The street was flooded as I sat in an inch of water, drenching my jeans. I looked up at the sky as the rain became heavy on my body. 

The hyperventilating started, forcing a panic attack. I shook and clawed at my closing throat. "AH GAHHH-HCKK-AHH!" Indescribable noises came from my mouth as I tried desperately to breath. "NGH-GAHH *GASP*". Finally, air entered my lungs, but I still wasn't in control yet no tears fell. All the pain, confusion, and shock came out in the most broken, animalistic shriek one can imagine. "AAAAHHHHHH!" 

Beyond the sounds of the torrential rain, I heard a voice call out to me

Beyond the sounds of the torrential rain, I heard a voice call out to me. "Eren!" 

I didn't process it fully as I stayed frozen. At some point, my dad reached my side and attempted to pull me out of the state I was in. He shook my shoulders, calling my name. It was to no use for my eyes stayed locked, focused on absolutely nothing. It wasn't until my dad lightly slapped my cheek a few times did I get released from the crushing grip of the trance I was in. His hand cupped my face and I looked into his confused eyes. Relief fell over his shoulders as he sighed, "Eren, there you are. What happened?" 

The same look of terror never left my face from the moment I learned the news up until now. 

Something bad! I caused it! I'm the one who made this nightmare happen.

My scratchy voice came in and out as I croaked, "W-we need to get t-t-to the hos-p-pital." 

(Levi's P.O.V. ~2 Hours Earlier)