Chp 9

While working on an assignment in English, Armin starts asking his questions I made him wait to ask. "Seriously I need an explanation right now!" Armin spoke as quietly as possible but still managed to sound like he was squealing.

I chuckle, "Ok ok!" I go on to explain the more detailed version of what happened. I tell him everything I know so far about Levi and Erwin.

"Wait, so how old is Levi?" Armin asked.

"26...why?" I raise an eyebrow.

Armin thinks to himself for a few seconds before smirking back to me, "....no reason."

I was about to start to bug him to tell me when the class phone rings. Mr. Pixis calmly goes over and answers. His face was neutral but suddenly he furrows his brows and glances over to me, "...uh yes he is...may I ask why?" He pauses, ".....okay I'll send him dow-... both of them?.....alright." He hangs up the phone and turns to the class.

"Eren...Armin... main office. Bring all your stuff." Mr. Pixis told.

Armin and I glance at each other before quickly packing up our things to a quiet orchestra of whispers, 'oohs,' and giggles. We make our way through the halls to the main office.

We can see through the glass windows the principal, Mr. Braun, vice-principal, Mr. Hoover, and guidance counselor, Mrs. Leonhart standing, talking. I open the door and my confused friend and I walk in, the three of them end their conversation abruptly and give a not at all convincing smile.

"Hi boys, we called you two in here because we got a call, from your father, Eren." Mrs. Leonhart started. "He said that you ran away from the house over the weekend and Armin here, came and grabbed your school bag this morning."

"....Is he here?" I ask with a shaking voice. The last thing I want right now is to have to face my father along with both Mr. Braun and Mr. Hoover. I wouldn't be able to get a single word in for my case. Besides I'm just a stupid teenager who doesn't know right according to them.

Mr. Braun said, "No, but he wants to know if you showed up today, we are all interested in where you went and why you disappeared. You really worried your father."

I raise my eyebrows, ha he was worried? That's rich.

"It doesn't matter," I mumbled looking at the carpeted floor.

Mr. Braun speaks, clearly becoming sick of my stubbornness, "I don't think you understa-"

"May I speak to Eren alone?" Mrs. Leonhart interrupted the man of power, good for her, I thought. Mr. Hoover nods his head and with a smile, Mrs. Leonhart leads me down the hall to her office.

I sit down in one of the chairs in front of her desk as she closes the door. She sits down with a small sigh and looks at me with soft eyes. "Eren, I'm not gonna ask you where you went, I'm more interested in why."

I become a little nervous and start fidgeting in the uncomfortable seat.

"The last thing I want is you to not trust me, so I'll be upfront with you. Your father shared with us something. He said you ran away after he wouldn't accept that you were, gay. Is this true?" She asked tenderly. Tears form at the edge of my eyes as I'm taken aback, my breathing becomes uneven and a lump forms in the bottom of my throat. Holding back, I slowly nod my head.

Mrs. Leonhart gives me a gentle, reassuring smile, calming me. "Eren, is your father's reaction the reason you ran from home?"

I nod again, this was semi-correct.