Chp 25

(Don't press play yet)

(Eren's P.O.V.)

The rain didn't stop as we drove to the hospital. I was still out of it and didn't register the entire ride over. It was like I blinked in and out of reality, only to come back as the lights of an ambulance blind me. My dad stopped the car and before he could actually park I threw the door open and ran for the door.

I ran in being met with a rush of busy people running all over the place. I'm caught in the middle of it but just before someone ran into me a hand pulls me back to the wall. "Eren! You can't just run into the emergency room like that!"

"B-Bu- I-I have to find him!" I stammered trying to get away from my dad's grip.

"I know but listen, running around in a blind panic isn't going to help. You have to keep your head on your shoulders, calm down, breathe, and think. Where are the others?"

"Um, I... I don't know!" I begin to shake.

"Alright come on." He says and leads me to a desk with a nurse sitting on at a computer. "Excuse me miss? Can you tell me the condition of a patient by the name of Levi Ackerman? He was in a motorbike accident?"

She types on the computer for a few seconds before answering, "It looks like he hasn't been put into the database just yet but someone was brought in from one. A young man with black ha-"

"That's him!" I interrupt.

"Last time I heard he was being brought up for surgery."

"Surgery!?"

"I'm afraid so, there is a waiting room for the surgical floor that you can wait in."

"That's probably where Hanji and Erwin are." I state. "You can stay here dad."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for me." I explain.

He nods and I go towards the waiting room which was on the level above. Even though I was just going up a single floor, the elevator seemed to take forever. Finally, a ding freed me from the confining space and I quickly stepped out. I followed a sign that pointed me in the direction of the waiting room.

I followed a long brightly lit hallway. Everything was white, sterile, clean. It made me uncomfortable in a way. It was getting late at night so it was pretty barren, making my lone footsteps echo on the floor. I finally get to an open lobby area and don't see many people. A few here and there were scattered around the room, some slept on the chairs, some talked on phones, and some just looked off into the distance.

I see a doctor talking to a couple, they seemed to be middle-aged but what I saw next broke my heart. Suddenly the woman let out a wail and collapsed into her, I'm guessing, husband's arms. They must've lost someone, a child or something. What if I lose Levi! I can't! Not before I tell him how I truly feel. I couldn't look away from the sobbing woman and as the doctor turned to walk away, we made quick eye contact. His eyes were full of regret and remorse. He shook his head to himself and walked away, causing a pit to drop inside my stomach.

This place is full of so much emotion, confusion, regret, grief, anger, fear.

"Eren!" I hear from behind me. I turn to see that pair of glasses I missed so much.

"Hanji!" I ran to her and we collide in a hug.

"Eren, I got so worried! You were taking forever! I-I thought because of the storm that y-you got hurt t-too!" She exasperated into my shoulder.

I hug her tighter to comfort her, "I'm just fine, don't worry."

She pulls me to where she was sitting and I notice she wasn't alone. "Eren..." Erwin mumbles.